Depo coming up! 3 birds, one stone! >

Depo coming up! 3 birds, one stone!

Notices

Depo coming up! 3 birds, one stone!

Old 07-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Gees, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to "blow you away"! by posting this. First of all it's all public record. Second- I have nothing to hide. Third- i'm not on trial as I didn't do anything wrong.

As for poor judgement, I brought secured, antique guns, to get inspected by police officer that is there for exactly that reason. The miserable old cop did not do his job or use any common sense causing a several people to get hurt. Thank god not seriously. Don't point your finder at me like i went in and started pointing a gun at people and it went off.
No, you did not bring the guns to a police officer for inspection! You brought them to a gun show and the cops were already doing their own inspection. There is a big difference!!!

Yes, you absolutely did something wrong. It is disturbing to hear you say otherwise!! If you were in an airport and a friend of a friend asked you to take a carry-on a bag full of "toiletries" would you do it without inspecting it or take his word for it???

The guns in your posession were not secure and it was your responsiblity to inspect them. Ignorance is no excuse. Taking a safety course after a mishap does not put you in the clear!

Side note, why would you volunteer to sell something you know nothing about? Why would the owner want someone who knows nothing about guns to sell them for him? This makes no sense. Please don't say because your a nice guy. If so I have some radio active material I need to get rid of.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dfealy
You meant to say that you wouldn't jump in an Mti at the dock. Pushing the trottles would be like taking out and pointing the gun with your finder pressed on the trigger...

Come-on this is a poor, very poor example. It would have to be that an inexperienced man buys a Mti and is at the dock and an experienced racer about to retire lets just say Ritchie Powers gets in and says let's check the steering to make sure that you hurt no one at the docks here before you leave becuase I am part of a safety inspection and thats what I'm here for and pushes the throttle down to 160Mph and come to find out the steering wasen't right and an accident happen. You are saying to fault who? The owner?? Good luck convincing a jury on that one.
No, I said what I meant. Having NO experience driving a high performance cat, I have no business being behind the wheel until I have someone there teaching me how to do it. Period.

I don't know you Gino, and I don't have a bad opinion of you or anyone else. I don't think I'm better than you or anyone else. The basic fact of the matter is that just as I have no business running your MTI without the proper experience or having someone there to guide me, you had no business transporting firearms you knew absolutely nothing about.

Was the cop an idiot? Obviously. What I'm saying is that if these guns were handled in a proper manner prior to being transported, the incident would have never happened. I'm not saying you're responsible for the shooting. The idiot cop is. You're responsible for using bad judgment in handling firearms you had no business handling. I'm not trying to be rude or a jerk or anything. The basic fact is that if the firearms were handled properly from the get go, there would have been no issue.

Yes, we are all human and we all make mistakes from time to time. Unfortunately when people make mistakes with firearms, others get hurt or die. It is the very basic argument the anti-second amendment people in this country use every day to deny responsible gun owners their rights. Just like people who don't like our loud speed boats use the crash and death statistics to try to get us banned from lakes.

As I said before, there is no room for error in dealing with firearms. Additionally, now that you have taken safety courses, you can see how simple it is to make sure things are as they should be. It is too simple to get it right to say it's ok sometimes to get it wrong.

Oh, and it wouldn't be like jumping in at the dock. It would be more like driving it across the lake to another dock to pick up the inspector and getting lucky that you didn't ram it into the dock or anything else along the way because the steering broke.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Registered

Don't be to hard on Gino, he is a good guy always trying to help someone, and sometimes he thinks with his heart. While I agree it was not the best move to accept guns that you are not familiar. But keep in mind until he met up with the bozo cop he did a lot to insure that they were safe. As a civilian let's face it most of us would feel pretty confident handing a gun over to a police officer for inspection. On the other hand I think about what could have happened had he been stopped for a traffic violation on the way to the show, or if the owner for some reason after the shooting tried to say, hey he took those guns from me, I did not give them to him.

Also keep in mind that Gino is not the one on trial, he is a witness so clearly the police department did not view him as breaking the law, so try not to crucify him here

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 07-16-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Registered

I agree with jayhawk261. He is better spoken than I
Old 07-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
No, you did not bring the guns to a police officer for inspection! You brought them to a gun show and the cops were already doing their own inspection. There is a big difference!!!

What is the difference? A police officer was inspectin the gun.

Yes, you absolutely did something wrong. It is disturbing to hear you say otherwise!! If you were in an airport and a friend of a friend asked you to take a carry-on a bag full of "toiletries" would you do it without inspecting it or take his word for it???

I would have to say no.. I don't fly.

The guns in your posession were not secure and it was your responsiblity to inspect them. Ignorance is no excuse. Taking a safety course after a mishap does not put you in the clear!

Obviiously i'm in the clear. If I did something wrong herem why wasn't I arrested? If the cops had any way of clearing a brother officer by chargin me with this, they would have in a second. Why am I not on the defensive end of the lawsuit? I'm a witness for the defendant. What would make you insist I'm wrong? and remember Ignorance is no excuse!!!!. I didn't take a saftey corse to get cleared of anything. I took it so I could learn about firearms.

Side note, why would you volunteer to sell something you know nothing about? Why would the owner want someone who knows nothing about guns to sell them for him? This makes no sense. Please don't say because your a nice guy. If so I have some radio active material I need to get rid of.

How much do you need to get for the radio active material?

aa

Last edited by LubeJobs42; 07-16-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pure Energy

Geeezzz who pizzed in your cornflakes

This was an accident Gino explained what happend end of story

I do not want to be around you when you slip on water getting into your boat
You are the guy that will sue God for putting water on the earth, the marina for having a place for water to lie around, and the boat manufacturer cause they should know you were gunna be human and slip on water that could be near your boat

i have never used this one before
Old 07-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Now that Gino has had a safety course he knows that you NEVER handle a gun until YOU clear it.NEVER

For someone not around guns before...He probably had no idea...
Old 07-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you guys!!!! I learned my lesson!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 02:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

I hope everything works out. That is one of the best stories yet.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Don't sweat it Gino, I've caught similar flack for leaving the toilet seat up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.