Notices

Stolen Reward! Corsa 26

Old 07-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear Steve. I live in Hudson and I'll keep my eyes open. I've seen your boat numerous times out at the sandbar. Its getting ridiculous in Pasco.

Good luck w/ the recovery
Old 07-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you freaking kidding me?! Someone has to find this one. That boat is pure history! The only cut-down deck Corsa out there I've seen. I remember when it won as Hog's Breath in 95. Please tell me some has a lead on this. And find it before they burn it. I had a mint 24 Scorpion stolen from me and burned in 2003. I found the pr-cks and turns out I wasn't the only one! For once they got nailed...but they'll back. Sorry to here this Steve. Everyone keep your eyes open.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Nevermind. I was mistaken.

Last edited by obrien; 07-24-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve,

As a fellow 26' Corsa owner, (Photo: http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...e-dsc02419.jpg) I'm terribly sorry to hear about your loss. Which coast is Holiday, FL on, east or west? I will definitely keep my eyes and ears open, and if I hear anything I will be in touch. I'm always running around looking at projects and parts all over the state, so you never know.

Someone else here on the board had a 302 Formula with KAAMA drives stolen a while back, and he posted it here. I think the boat was on the west coast of Florida, near Hudson, and ultimately was found, stripped and buried in a mud bog.

I wound up emailing him with a Craigslist posting I found for KAAMA drive thinking that it may have been the thief trying to sell one of his, and it turns out it was one of his. Unfortunately, my career as a detective ended that day. It was the spare the original owner had on the shelf in his garage, and no longer needed since the boat was gone!

On a relatively happier note, I've heard that you are the Corsa guru, and I'd love to talk to you sometime. Both Bob Bower and Kent Perroux had only nice things to say about you, and I'd love to pick your brain one of these days, if you have the time.

Best of luck in the search (and more importantly the recovery) of the Corsa; she's a legend.

Harry
[email protected]
Palm City, Florida
Old 08-12-2009, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holiday is south of Hudson along highway 19, west coast of Florida, north of Tampa and Clearwater. I drive all over Flordia daily, I'll be looking. Good luck.