Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
That Mut@#$%$#king Belt!!!! >

That Mut@#$%$#king Belt!!!!

Notices

That Mut@#$%$#king Belt!!!!

Old 04-01-2002, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm afraid to ask what you did , But on the boat subject , I would check the pulleys for being bent or not seated flat when you tightened them . Put something that won't move in front of each pulley ,close to it . Then turn motor by hand . ( Well , sorry , use a ratchet to do it not your hands !) Look close to see if puleys wobble. Most will wobble a very little bit . but if it is more then a litle take that one off and check it . I had my crank pulley on wrong once . When I looked close I found it should only be on one way . The way I had it amde it shake bad . Also had an older camaro that would through belts if you went banging through the gears . It had a bent pulley . Probably while it was off the car someone dropped it or set something on it ,or maybe even pryed against it . Good luck !
Old 04-01-2002, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Or, you could just,,,,,

GET A REAL BOAT !!!
Old 04-01-2002, 03:14 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Ding Ding Ding.........we have a winner folks.......

Prick of the Day........goes to Chris 232.....

Congratulations on being the biggest dick you could probably be.........
Old 04-01-2002, 04:15 PM
Registered

Shorgasm,
Don't pay attention to him.
I'd be honored to ride in Bayliner.
Old 04-01-2002, 04:21 PM
Registered

just a thought for ya shor go to a junk yard and get the serpentine belt set up off a mid 80s (ithink camaro) this motor had all the pulleys and brackets i needed to change over my street car which had the same problem as you are having. also a friend had this problem and had the smallest amount of rust on his pulleys doiin it sand blasted the pulleys and the problem disappeared. also might want to try changing belt manufacturers
Old 04-01-2002, 04:41 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Yup......I just changed the belt AGAIN.......this time I found a loose alternator bolt.....the one that's hidden...ya know the one that holds it to the frigging motor..........

Oh and I think she's gonna get a new water pump pulley.....it's showing a little roughness.....kinda corroded.....not smooth at all.....I ran her hard on the hose and the belt just moved a little......not a lot like it did......

Oh yeah and found a low mile motor for the stang.......Yipee!!!!
Old 04-01-2002, 06:39 PM
Registered

Shore........A) I hope the loose bolt was the answer, but hey that would be way too easy.

How about this. I wonder if the pulley is not cast correctly, and under a higher rpm it "walks" up and off with centrfical force. (Is that possible?)
Old 04-01-2002, 07:05 PM
Registered

Well out it this way .............it didn't do it when i got it........only after i changed the belt.........go figure huh.....

I put the same one on......but new.....gonna change that pulley though....not real pretty.....

Now remeber the only reason I changed the belts in the first place was because YOU guys said it would be a good idea......
Old 04-01-2002, 07:08 PM
Registered

Ahem....I think I may have mentioned the pulleys on your first post oh so many months ago....
Old 04-01-2002, 07:57 PM
Registered

GoForce....you and ever other person on here.......

Now come on.....I'm hard headed........but some chicks like that.............

Quick Reply: That Mut@#$%$#king Belt!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.