Like Tree0Likes

baja 38 vs. cigarette 35 cafe racer

Reply
Old 07-22-2009, 01:08 PM
  #31
Registered
 
oreo11zeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sarasota, FL
My Boats: www.Fast1Charters.com
Posts: 647
Default Cig or a Baja?

That is the dumbest post I have ever read on OSO
oreo11zeus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:55 PM
  #32
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
seafordguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seaford, VA
My Boats: Cigarette - Cafe Racer
Posts: 3,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo11zeus View Post
That is the dumbest post I have ever read on OSO
HAHA......
seafordguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:49 PM
  #33
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaretteman View Post
I am from Denmark too and have had 3 Cigarette Top Guns and now have a Cigarette 42 Tiger.
Jesper, I didn't realize you owned a fleet of Cigs!! Though you had a couple but four!?

Where's the pics bro.


On the Baja VS Cafe topic....I've owned a Baja and currently own a Cig. I think you'll find many Cig owners that have moved up from a Baja and wont say a negative thing about the brand. Our Baja treated us extremely well and we enjoyed it immensely.

Like others have said, the Cabin on the 38 Special is comfy. The Cabin on the Cafe is actually a really great cabin but the head room is limited.

I personally think the Cafe is a "sleaker" looking boat. The Special is almost a sport cruiser with high freeboard and a more rounded deck than the typical flatter deck of true offshore boats. But that's just my opinion.

Either way, keep us posted on what you decide.
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:38 PM
  #34
Registered
 
Cigaretteman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Denmark
My Boats: Cigarette Tiger TS 2002
Posts: 576
Default

Hi Tank,

How are you? I think I saw your Cig for sale what gives?

I only have the Tiger left the others I sold long ago. There are pictures in the cigarettes the legend tread. It was a 1990 with 600HP blower engines and Bravo a 1989 with 750 Hawk engines and #3 drives and a 1992 with 525īs and TRS Of those 3 the 1989 was my favorite ride! It would go through anything, heavy as hell and only 80 MPH but rode like a Caddy in the rough!

Jesper


Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistank View Post
Jesper, I didn't realize you owned a fleet of Cigs!! Though you had a couple but four!?

Where's the pics bro.


On the Baja VS Cafe topic....I've owned a Baja and currently own a Cig. I think you'll find many Cig owners that have moved up from a Baja and wont say a negative thing about the brand. Our Baja treated us extremely well and we enjoyed it immensely.

Like others have said, the Cabin on the 38 Special is comfy. The Cabin on the Cafe is actually a really great cabin but the head room is limited.

I personally think the Cafe is a "sleaker" looking boat. The Special is almost a sport cruiser with high freeboard and a more rounded deck than the typical flatter deck of true offshore boats. But that's just my opinion.

Either way, keep us posted on what you decide.
Cigaretteman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:24 PM
  #35
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Denmark
My Boats: baja banditt II
Posts: 42
Default

i`m more and more into the scarab 38, it kind of looks "newer" then the cig.

there are som nice offers and i found 2 i might decide to buy..

i`ll keep you postet
ttl000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:44 PM
  #36
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
999JAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK, Florida
My Boats: 43 Nortech supercat, 36 Turbine Cat, 38 Mares Cat
Posts: 334
Default

Are the standard production scarabs not prone to rot? I here the transoms are made from poor quality ply? I could be wrong but are you not better off going for a larry smith or a KV.

Last edited by 999JAY; 07-26-2009 at 09:48 PM.
999JAY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:04 PM
  #37
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaretteman View Post
Hi Tank,

How are you? I think I saw your Cig for sale what gives?

I only have the Tiger left the others I sold long ago. There are pictures in the cigarettes the legend tread. It was a 1990 with 600HP blower engines and Bravo a 1989 with 750 Hawk engines and #3 drives and a 1992 with 525īs and TRS Of those 3 the 1989 was my favorite ride! It would go through anything, heavy as hell and only 80 MPH but rode like a Caddy in the rough!

Jesper
Jesper, everything is good. Yea, the cig is up for sale. figured I'd throw it out there since I haven't been using it as much as I'd like to.

Glad things are well, you ever make it out this way look me up for a run in the pacific (assuming I still have the boat)
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.