Notices

Small Time

Old 07-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small Time

Should I buy a new truck, so I can sell my old truck(paid for), to buy a boat. A good lob in a bad economy is nothing to complain about, but when toys are cheap and your credit is great, it is frustrating not to have enough capitol to capitolize. I want enter the boat market, but borrowing is not easdy.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on the boat you want and your truck's ability to tow it. What truck do you have? I would buy a boat it can tow rather than have two payments unless you can afford two payments.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is an '02 tacoma, so it won't tow much. The boat I am looking at is too big for sure. The boat is a '97 and I am finding it hard to get anyone to lend on a boat this old. If I could get 9-10K for my truck, add my accesable capitol, I could pay cash for the boat. I could then make payments on a larger truck to tow it with. If I could borrow against the boat, I would dry store it at my local marina for a season or two, then buy a new truck.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget, buying a new truck, is going to raise your debt to income, that is what lenders look at, especially on performance boat loans. Putting a new truck on your credit, will bring down your chances on a boat loan.....