Notices

29 Kryptonite Top Speed

Old 07-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 29 Kryptonite Top Speed

I have rigged a few Kryptonite's as a dealer for customers. The fastest was a 2002 29 that we rigged and Performance Marina in Lake George did the engine. It is at about 900hp and does 104 on GPS. It is rock solid, and very reliable.
My question is has anyone built one faster? I wonder at what speed does it just not work with these boats. I am building another and wonder if 110-115 MPH is obtainable. Or if the hul just can not handle the power and speed.
I have a 2005 with Imco extreme upper and lower, ITS standoff on the back. I am pretty sure they will handle 1000HP if I keep it in the water and bring it on easy.
The question ... 110 MPH plus, anyone there in this hull??? Any advise??? Or is the 104 MPH Kryptonite the fastest one out there and I need to find out on my own. I hope someone is there I can get some solid advise from.
Thank You,
Don
Old 07-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Registered

Talking

why not try and get a hold of kirk rodgers?
The only boat that I know of that went 100 was holden kramer's white boat I think. I think 100 and stable would be my goal.The long tabs on the boat should def help it from walking.Holdens boat was really a 27 yours has the platform and maybe some bottom work in it.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Registered

Any ideas on how to get a hold of Kirk? I talked to him when I built the 2002, he gave me some great advice to get to 100 and we are at 104 now. You are right if I could talk to Kirk that would help more than anything.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Registered

The 2002 I rigged does not have an extension box. Kirk said it was a waste of money on this boat. mine has an ITS extension box. It will be interesting to see what the difference will be.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Registered

Talking

try scream and fly he works at lindenhurst steel now for his dad.I could try and get his number... YOUR NOT A STALKER ARE YA?
Old 07-22-2009, 01:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought Lightspeed's 2006 Kryptonite 29 back in April, well he was the first owner anyway. JC Performance 598/800, Imco SC Extreme -1, ITS standoff, 32" Bravo 1 Labbed will take it to 100mph everyday on dead flat water and 102-103mph in a good solid chop, maybe a bit faster if I was alone in the boat and low on fuel. John told me that the boat has run a best of 106mph with this prop. runs very flat and smooth at 100+ with no tabs and trimmed out, I would bet that it could handle another 200hp without too many issues, as long as you were able to get the setup right. I am thinking of trying a -2 Imco lower, the X is already pretty high, but I still have to trim it way out to get full speed. I wouldnt do it with a Hydromotive p-5, it made this thing very unstable at anything over 85mph. with the Bravo 1, my girl has driven the boat to 97mph.

I would say that 110-115mph would be doable.

Last edited by Philm; 07-22-2009 at 01:45 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
try scream and fly he works at lindenhurst steel now for his dad.I could try and get his number... YOUR NOT A STALKER ARE YA?
I have his cell number, which I will not post. From a few yrs ago when I did the 2002. I will see if it works. Thanks for the offer If e has chaged it I will let you know.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,075 Likes on 284 Posts

Thanks for the name drop man We should still have the notes on that boat if you wanna give a call..518-644-3080..ask for jAson
Old 07-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Philm
I bought Lightspeed's 2006 Kryptonite 29 back in April, well he was the first owner anyway. JC Performance 598/800, Imco SC Extreme -1, ITS standoff, 32" Bravo 1 Labbed will take it to 100mph everyday on dead flat water and 102-103mph in a good solid chop, maybe a bit faster if I was alone in the boat and low on fuel. John told me that the boat has run a best of 106mph with this prop. runs very flat and smooth at 100+ with no tabs and trimmed out, I would bet that it could handle another 200hp without too many issues, as long as you were able to get the setup right. I am thinking of trying a -2 Imco lower, the X is already pretty high, but I still have to trim it way out to get full speed. I wouldnt do it with a Hydromotive p-5, it made this thing very unstable at anything over 85mph. with the Bravo 1, my girl has driven the boat to 97mph.

I would say that 110-115mph would be doable.
The 2002 I rigged, Performance Marine did the motor, 540 blower motor, AFR heads Dyno sheet said about 850hp 950tq
Then they added about 2psi more boost and more carb, I would guess 900+ hp, 104 on GPS, 100 anytime. Kirk talked me out of a standoff box saying he had a few boats just over 100 one with and one without. He felt it was a waist of money. It runs flat without over trimming it. In fact it slows down when you over trim and get it loose. Mine has the Hydromotive prop on it, I am picking it up Tuesday. I will let you know how it runs. I do have a good selection of props to try. But agreed the 2002 has a Bravo 1 and runs very stabile. The bravo 1 is out of the box, we plan on prop testing next weekend, then sending it out to get labbed. I hope we get a few more mph out of it. The customer has had it for a few years and was happy with the speed now he wants more. Labbing should be a cheap investment for some MPH. We also plan on changing up the pulleys for more boost, he has a massive intercooler on it, We might put it too 10-12PSI and get to speed slowley just to see what it does at 110-115+. a one time deal. just to see.
Its nice I have his tried and true setup we did to copy from.. I think I am going to add more CI, dual quads, more blower ad let it rip. i am on the fence with dual quads. My thought is the drivability of 2 smaller carbs as opposed to one large one. I need to keep the idle down if this drive is going to stay together.
Thanks for the input.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Thanks for the name drop man We should still have the notes on that boat if you wanna give a call..518-644-3080..ask for jAson
You desirve it, Performance Marine is top quality. Mike said you guys went above and beyond.
Mike left the boat with me after we fixed his drive, he wants me to break it in. You know Mike he is doing the Alex Bay run and there will be no break in, nothing but WOT in and out of the water... So he does not want to deal with proper drive breakin. Well my wife and I have been running it. It is just such a joy to run. Starts like EFI, idles all day, runs just perfict.
I am going to give Jason a call. i want to set up some winter dyno time, to get mine dialed in. And talk about single or dual carbs along with some other questions. In return for his advise i will buy my supercharger, carb setup from him, maybe the AFR heads also. But I want to build my motor. I worked for GM for many years, it will be nice getting back to my roots... And winter is the time. If you dont get your hands in it its just not the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.