Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
'87 Checkmate 25 Convinsor value? >

'87 Checkmate 25 Convinsor value?

Notices

'87 Checkmate 25 Convinsor value?

Old 07-25-2009, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default '87 Checkmate 25 Convinsor value?

Found a nice old '86 or '87 25' Checkmate Convinsor. Fresh water since new. Been sitting on the top rack of a very clean inside boat storage facility for close to 10 years. Low hrs, 380 or so.

It must have been a pricey piece when new as it has a Mercruiser Hi Performance 400 hp Cyclone (454 or 482?) BW trans and TRS drive.

I'd like to buy it, wake it up and play with it for the rest of the summer. What would be a realistic offer and what could I expect to sell it for, say 6 mos or so down the road?

Thanks in advance,

Kurt
Old 07-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure on a price, but a friend of mine just bought one here in NY. It's a 1990 25' Convinsor with a 454 mag/ bravo 1, extremely clean except for the sunpad (some tears) and new paint within 5 years I would say, no scratches and looks new. Picked it up for $13,500. Hope that helps some! Let's see some pics if you get it!!!
Old 07-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Michgan is the Checkmate capital of the world they are everywhere,with the market like it is it would be lucky to bring 10k around here. I had a 253 in the early 90's loved it the older 25's are faster but a little unstable with the width differance.