Like Tree0Likes

Look at this thing!

Old 07-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Registered

My Boats: 35 Motion "Bring It" is "For Sale", 31 Warlock

One of the 3 boats is being restored at this time and will be valued at over $800,000.00 when done. Similarly this particular boat now in basic trim could be augmented in much the same fashion.

I want to see that one!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (5)

My Boats: FASTEST INNER TUBE

o i got to have this NOT, i think any one in the boating world would look at you and say what the phuck is that.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: Know Better ,cause I work on them...

Yes this boat has been around for a few years now. If done rite the wood that you see is probly stronger than glass since it is with a kevlar over lay but what scares me even more is the sheeting looks like dooor skin. As far as the design goes, can you say HYDRO-DYNAMICS ???? Now for the rigging. Yes Mike no HYDRAULIC STEERING. but the I have seen worst. Now for the horse power, 1500 HP, I don't think so. Any moron can see it no 1500 horse power but more 600hp at the most but have my doubts. The electrical is a bit scary too. Pop a mold from it build it rite , you would have one hell of a boat and fast looking from the design.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Banned

The real 33EC was designed by Carlson. He calls it the Reverse Three-Point Air-entrapment Monohull. There were five built, most of them weigh around 8800lbs. They ran close to 80 with the old 502/415 motors.

The original cockpit has seating for nine with a bar behind the double helm seat. Front and rear port bolsters with seating for five on the bench. The cabin sleeps six.

I don't know why Patriot Marine has not brought one out yet. This press release is several years old and AFAIK there has not been one built;

http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/news.html?d=95380

I had a 24' version of that hull and it handled extremely well. The boat in that ad is an imposter. I wouldn't give five cents for it.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:27 PM
Registered

My Boats: 28 Scarab

I had a 24' version of that hull and it handled extremely well. The boat in that ad is an imposter. I wouldn't give five cents for it.[/QUOTE]

Somebody put alot of work into an ugly boat that I'm sure is a pain in the azz with all the wood. I am also sure it weigh's more than 1,500 LB's without the powerfull stock 502:-) Lots of marine ply under that balsa skin.....and lotsa staples and brads.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab Billy View Post
Somebody put alot of work into an ugly boat that I'm sure is a pain in the azz with all the wood. I am also sure it weigh's more than 1,500 LB's without the powerfull stock 502:-) Lots of marine ply under that balsa skin.....and lotsa staples and brads.

I can assure you that Mr. Carlson did NOT build his boats that way. Now he might have used marine-grade plywood in the transom, and maybe in the stringers, but I doubt if there was any wood in the rest of the boat. To give an even better indication of Mr. Carlson's construction methods, the hull to deck joints were through-bolted, screwed, sealed and encapsulated in fiberglass.