Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Getting new grafix Help! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21368-getting-new-grafix-help.html)

dyno 04-01-2002 07:09 PM

Getting new grafix Help!

OK.....here is the deal saturday my 31 Sonic goes in for new grafix. I talked to my grafix guy today and he's got me thinking...The wife and I thought we would do the Stars and Stripes thing....The painter said all he has been doing since september 11 is Stars and Stripes. What do you people think? Is there going to be too many of them around? Any input will be wonderful....anyone have any good grafix websites to surf for ideas?

26scarab 04-01-2002 07:24 PM

Dyno,
If you and yours like those graphics ..go with them , who cares what's out there !

I personally like them, they will never go out of style unless you move out of the country:D

MissAmy 04-01-2002 08:11 PM

I know the stars and stripes theme is getting a lot of use, but I still love it. Always have, always will.

Cord 04-01-2002 09:36 PM

I know that alot of people have been doing patriotic graphics lately. The problem is that in a few years, the scheme will become quite dated. What you need is a creative edge that nobody else is doing. I'm thinking something retro. Like a WWII era Norman Rockwell style stars & stripes.

Red Stripe 04-01-2002 10:12 PM

Its hard for me to believe that patriotic graphics will ever go out of style. Its not like the colors red, white and blue ever get old and since we have had the same flag for how many years now......
Anyway, If you 2 like that theme, I say go for it.
Just my.02

P.S. I say it would look bad ass on your sonic :D :D

Waterfoul 04-01-2002 10:51 PM

Dyno, you gonna do the boat in PINK, white and blue?? LOL!!

Just funnin with ya! I think the patriotic theme will ALWAYS be in style. And your tall hull sides give you a great "canvas" to work with. I say go for it!!

Tinkerer 04-01-2002 11:03 PM

FOUL I think he should paint it pink... That way yours and my boats wont be the only ones painted in pastels. :D

Waterfoul 04-01-2002 11:10 PM

Tinker...it's pink now! That's why I always tease him. Kinda an inside joke between me and dyno!!!!:p

Miami 04-02-2002 08:12 AM

Good paint makes a good boat great and a bad boat good. You already have the beatiful lines of the Sonic hull. Don't copy what everyone else has. Sometimes it is easier because you can't make a decision. Your boat needs to be distinctive. Sonics have gone from the boring & common two & three striped lines of yesteryear to the most incredible in-house painting on their new boats. Here on the bay, Sonics are extremely plentiful. None of the newer ( last two years ) two boats look the same. Their paint work is awesome. Ship your boat to Sonic. They have really changed!!!!!!

Cord 04-02-2002 09:40 AM

So you guys are telling me that a van painted with the "Spirit of '76" isn't dated? ;) No, the patriotic theme will never go out of date, but the syling of the flags and symbols change and evolve.

BAJA WILL 04-02-2002 11:47 AM

You should Contact Ryan Beckly, here on OSO. He made some grapx up for another member a week or so ago and it looked AWSOME. I am sure he could come up with a modern looking Stars and Stripes, :D

Will