SOOOOOOO, call me a puzzy if ya want >

SOOOOOOO, call me a puzzy if ya want

Notices

SOOOOOOO, call me a puzzy if ya want

Old 07-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SOOOOOOO, call me a puzzy if ya want

I normally dont run the 24 on the ocean, since its 28 years old, and COULD use a transom, we normally just run the ditch, and tie up for beers and lunch, although I have had it in Biscayne bay, and out around the keys in the relatively flat waters a few times. My wife normally is a scaredy cat(I have had her screaming at me in the ICW before:sifone, but today she wanted to do something different other than watching me drink, so she egged me on to head thru Boca inlet into the Atlantic. WELL, it was absolutely BEUTIFUL, 1-2, ran the Pantera at about 3/4 throttle with some jumps up to WOT, had a blast, but got a little wet on the way back in. Saw a Skater out there, and we ran north a bit, I know I have seen the boat before, but am terrible with names. Sorry, I forgot to bring the camera, since its normally just the same old pics of Lake Boca or Peanut Island.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

I get the same way. F it. When it breaks..... fix it. Im sure as a lot of boaters do, run harder and harder as th season gets later. With that said, my list or repairs is getting longer for this winter.

Glad you enjoyed it.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a great day! Glad you and the wife had some fun
Old 07-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Not to sound like a puzzzy also, but when we had our 24 Monza I expericened the best day yes best boating day of my life that I reflect on for 20 years now. As my my wife and I ran that little boat in the ocean up and down from Stiltsville to Lauderdale - those were pre Corona days, Heineken was on board then!

It's the simpler less expensive things that make life worth living!
Old 07-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Registered

Wish I had fueled up before I launched, I wanted to burn out a half tank that has been sitting for a bit, so I didnt top it off, had it been full, we would have run to lauderdale and back or up to West palm, but just played for about a half hour buzzing the beach, then came inside for lunch. Stiltsville is cool, we run to elliott key past there often.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Rick

That was me in my Skater ( Paul...Razors Edge motyorsports). I was out breaking in a new powerhead..Boca to peanut island and back, 2500-3500 rpm....BOOORING.. then round trip again at 3500-4500rpm..still boring and still have 80 minutes of break-in to go... Your boat looked like it was running really well, you need to make your way to the outside more often..

Paul
Old 07-26-2009, 10:04 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
I normally dont run the 24 on the ocean, since its 28 years old, and COULD use a transom, we normally just run the ditch, and tie up for beers and lunch, although I have had it in Biscayne bay, and out around the keys in the relatively flat waters a few times. My wife normally is a scaredy cat(I have had her screaming at me in the ICW before:sifone, but today she wanted to do something different other than watching me drink, so she egged me on to head thru Boca inlet into the Atlantic. WELL, it was absolutely BEUTIFUL, 1-2, ran the Pantera at about 3/4 throttle with some jumps up to WOT, had a blast, but got a little wet on the way back in. Saw a Skater out there, and we ran north a bit, I know I have seen the boat before, but am terrible with names. Sorry, I forgot to bring the camera, since its normally just the same old pics of Lake Boca or Peanut Island.
PUZZY

you happy now?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tzrider
Hey Rick

That was me in my Skater ( Paul...Razors Edge motyorsports). I was out breaking in a new powerhead..Boca to peanut island and back, 2500-3500 rpm....BOOORING.. then round trip again at 3500-4500rpm..still boring and still have 80 minutes of break-in to go... Your boat looked like it was running really well, you need to make your way to the outside more often..

Paul
Paul,

Not sure if ya remember me, but we have met before, I am usually the one riding with Ray, cuz my junk is broken, soon to change, working on getting an EFI 3 liter.

I thought that was you guys, and if I knew ya would have run 50 the whole way I would have went with ya(boat only runs 59 at WOT, stock 225) The water was amazing yesterday, I know, everyone says my boat can handle the ruff, but the truth is, I dont know if I can, and the wife definitely doesnt like anything over 3 feet. I saw you guys heading thru lake boca, you took the shore channel, and I went the long way around, As we were going thru the cut my wife says "look at the pretty blue water" I said, nevermind that and put your lanyard on, cuz although they call for flat, they have been wrong before. I rounded the corner in the cut, and saw how flat it was looked over, told her to hold on, and layed it into the dash, backed off to 3/4, then saw you guys, wasnt sure your plan, really didnt have the fuel to run both ways(was burning out some old stuff), but would have fueled up at Peanut for the run back if I had known you werent in 100MPH Mode We will be back out, maybe it will stay flat for another week or 2.

Rick
Old 07-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Rick

Sure I remember you, weren't you head down, feet out of rays bildge at the sunny isles race......lol...
We took both the shore channel and the long way around lake Boca yesterday as the scenery was great ( you know boats and stuff ).......Let me know the next time your heading out and we'll meet up

Paul
Old 07-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tzrider
Hey Rick

Sure I remember you, weren't you head down, feet out of rays bildge at the sunny isles race......lol...
We took both the shore channel and the long way around lake Boca yesterday as the scenery was great ( you know boats and stuff ).......Let me know the next time your heading out and we'll meet up

Paul

There was definitely some scenery around yesterday. If its anywhere near as flat next week, maybe I can get Ray out of the house to go for a ride, His motor is out, but I owe him a few rides If not we are out every few weeks, usually between Lake Boca and Peanut somewhere this time of year. Yup, that was me with Ray at Sunny Isles, and I was rafted up to him the day Gary decided he was going to make a launch pad out of Rays engine cover at lake Boca Also proabaly seen ya at the races I crewed for a few teams over the years I usually put up a thread a few days before heading out to see if we can get a crew together, always more fun with more than one boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.