Best Entry Level powerboats for a newbie >

Best Entry Level powerboats for a newbie

Notices

Best Entry Level powerboats for a newbie

Old 08-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Entry Level powerboats for a newbie

Hello to all- I've recently started looking at cigarette style powerboats, with the intent to purchase one within the next 6 months. I will mainly be boating on freshwater lakes in georgia so I don't think I need a twin engine boat or anything larger than 28ft.

I had been looking at Baja's, because I was under the impression they were a decent entry level boat, but have heard alot of people say they are garbage, so I've started looking at other brands like formula, sonic, donzi.

My question is what are some of the brands I should consider based on quality and what should I stay away from based on quality when it comes to a single engine up to 28ft. powerboat. I'd like to find something that is factory fuel injected to but it's not a must have.

All opinions welcome and I appreciate your feedback.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Depends on how much money you spend. I've had no problems with Baja's. Bang for the buck Baja's are hard to beat. Buy one 5-10 years old and most of the depreciation is already gone.
Boats are like cars, there are good one s and bad ones, fast one and slow ones. Get what you want and to hell with everyone else!
Old 08-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Registered

Stay away from Kachina.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Registered

I love my Baja! I think some people say they are garbage because they paid double or triple the price of a Baja and have to justify that.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Sunsation, Baja, Sonic, Formula, Joker, Active Thunder and Activator to just mention a few very good boats.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Registered

I concur Baja is fast entry level boat for the money, I LOVE my PowerQuest. It does EVERYTHING good, not the best in any category, but it's hard to beat if you want a versatile boat.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

What's your budget? That's generally key. If you are just starting out, I'd strongly suggest staying away from older and bigger... go newer and smaller while you learn.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Registered

Sorry, I forgot to mention my budget. Since it will be my first boat, I'm really not looking to spend more than 35K max and would like to keep it closer to 25 but will spend the extra 10k on the right boat.

Thanks to everyone for your responses.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

28 Pantera is the best in that size range.....boats to stay away from....sorry guys baja

jr
Old 08-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Registered

This is the link to my boat which is for sale it sounds like something you may be interested in http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o30532-en.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.