Notices

Boat Brokers???

Old 07-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Brokers???

I am in the process of purchasing a boat from a boat broker and am wondering what the best way to do it is. He has asked that I wire $4500 to there bank account and then the balance when I pick it up. I have talked with him for a while and he seems to be legit but I know there are a ton of scams going on out there. The name of the company is Pacific Yacht Brokers out of California.

Like I said everything seems legit but... whats the best way to go about this?
Old 07-27-2009, 03:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is normal to ask for 10% down to secure the purchase. If you are worried ask for his Dealer License and then call the agency in CA to make sure it is current. You can also ask your bank to see what type of account he is asking for the money to be wired to, personal/business?

I guess my question to you is why would you put money down on a boat if you have not seen it in person, and met at the place of business???????? I think you are asking for trouble, its not like boats are just flying off lots right now!!

BTW I do have my Boat Dealer License.

Last edited by BAJA WILL; 07-27-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
I guess my question to you is why would you put money down on a boat if you have not seen it in person, and met at the place of business???????? I think you are asking for troubel, its not like boats are just flying off lots right now!!
I often wonder the same thing but it seems to happen quite often.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

WHOA!...settle down there cowboy...
go see it! you've got to feel 100% comfortable. a $300 airfare beats being stuck for $4500.....whatever you do, don't "wire" anything to anyone..
put the 10% on your cc, then if it all falls apart, you're covered (failure to deliver)...if they complain about the cc...be afraid...
remember: a deal that seems too good to be true is usually a f****ng rip-off...
if they are legit, cool! and best of luck, if not let us know....
c