Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ????? >

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Notices

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Old 08-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skater40
If you were any kind of man,you would have called him on the phone to work it out.Instead you play these childish games on the internet and slam there reputation behind a key board.
Same bull s-it you did over a broken oil line.Grow up Bill-high school is over.
What would he do with himself??????
Old 08-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Registered

I don';t know any of the parties involved.

But I will say the internet has become a great tool for getting things accomplished that wouldnt normally get resolved with phone calls etc. These days the internet is the new "word of mouth" and as a business owner I know how important AND powerful word of mouth can be.... especially when you are talking high dollar stuff. If it creates one doubt in a person's mind about a potential project... often times they go a different route and never think about it again. So that business or person just lost business and didn't even know it.

Not every situation is a business killer.... everyone has issues at one point or another, it's how the business chooses to deal with the problem that sticks in people's minds... and usually influences them in the future.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you were any kind of man,you would have called him on the phone to work it out.Instead you play these childish games on the internet and slam there reputation behind a key board.
You guys should settle this just like high school. Go out on the playground and beat the hell out of each other. Make sure to video tape it so there are no arguments over who won.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just keep adding fuel to the fire BIG Daddy
MENAPAUSE has set in for GARY ??????
I talked to him/Larry on the phone and was in constant communication with him & everything was worked out and i even ate the $1000.00 Casidium wrist pin bill on my CC and did'nt complain and then all comunication stopped Friday July 24 2009 when the Local engine Bldr checkd compression and called and said it was 9.24-1 and LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE told him im gonna order a special Cometic .078 gasket and could run 110/ 118 octane ... PHUCH THAT
I personally called Larry at 5.00 pm our time and Larry was outside working on his broken truck never heard back nor friday,not saturday,not monday ...Dont think you were ther KEEP THE FACTS STRAIGHT ......
And dont talk about games , you've made every excuse and have even blamed my children ... Dont know who you are ,dont really care,Dont care how much $$$ dough you have ,dont care who you know ,i"ll be around im easy to find ... I did'nt back down and i aint backing down ,you thought you were gonna make me look like a fool and apparently the OSO audience can see thru it

And keep in mind i paid the $$$ 2000.00 BILL in full also at the local shop for a short block that is over 9-1 compression to find out ... So the ball was dropped there at LARRYS and i dont have to answer to yourself or Erik so keep cheerleading RAH RAH RAH for LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE and with them building 175 motors a year sounds like they wont miss a che@p azz customer like me If Larrys business is ruined because of this thread on OSO well it was doomed anyway all eggs in this one basket and now the yolkes are broke. PUT on your big boy pants and deal with it!!!

LIKE YOU SAID LEAVE THE BIG CATS TO THE BIG DAWGS LIKE YOU GUYS !!!!!
Good luck BIG DAWG and my hats off to you and your future endeavors
PEACE OUT

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 08-06-2009 at 07:13 AM. Reason: big boy pants ....
Old 08-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by niceguy
I don';t know any of the parties involved.

But I will say the internet has become a great tool for getting things accomplished that wouldnt normally get resolved with phone calls etc. These days the internet is the new "word of mouth" and as a business owner I know how important AND powerful word of mouth can be.... especially when you are talking high dollar stuff. If it creates one doubt in a person's mind about a potential project... often times they go a different route and never think about it again. So that business or person just lost business and didn't even know it.

Not every situation is a business killer.... everyone has issues at one point or another, it's how the business chooses to deal with the problem that sticks in people's minds... and usually influences them in the future.
All very good points NICEGUY but if SKATER 40 & FLATDECK 40 are not LARRY himself and were not there for any of the conversations should'nt be speakin ... A whole lotta crap over a Phuch up with the wrong timing entirely on there part and they know it ..
PEACE OUT !

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 08-05-2009 at 08:53 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 08-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
You guys should settle this just like high school. Go out on the playground and beat the hell out of each other. Make sure to video tape it so there are no arguments over who won.
Make sure to video tape it so there are no arguments over who won
Sounds like you know these Arizona Slime Balls
Old 08-06-2009, 07:20 PM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Runnin Hot, Please step away and chill. Just leave it alone.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Registered

why should he step away? the guy spend an ass laod of money and ended up with an abortion.Although the fighting seems childish to you, the frustration on bills end is justified.Now the builder says he's over the top and out of control? The freakin engines were sent out with the wrong timing,jet sizes ect, ect !!!Every thing should have been checked before those motors were shipped across the country.Where the hell were you when he posted the fact his motors arrived with one bolt holding them down on the crates?? Is this the kind of stuff you would put up with after spending$$$$$$$$$

Come on man there is a serious denial problem on the builders end sending the motors out like that.
I have no dog in this fight but I spent 40k on my motors and didnt cry when they were only supposed to cost me 25k.I spent the dollars recieved my engines and they ran like pisss.It cost me another $2500 to straighten out the motors (used spark plug wires) and I luckily have been runnin hot ever since. Im definately no engine guru but,if you are writing the check there is some accountability due on the builders part.Handshake guarantee's are not the way to fly bro.

Any builder selling over big power should be flying out after the install and tuning those motors under real conditions. Period !

If the combonation Bill had was not worthy,why didnt the builder express his concerns???? Instead they sold him an exspensive head job,the motors grenade and now the customers adick?????
Old 08-06-2009, 08:09 PM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
why should he step away? the guy spend an ass laod of money and ended up with an abortion.Although the fighting seems childish to you, the frustration on bills end is justified.Now the builder says he's over the top and out of control? The freakin engines were sent out with the wrong timing,jet sizes ect, ect !!!Every thing should have been checked before those motors were shipped across the country.Where the hell were you when he posted the fact his motors arrived with one bolt holding them down on the crates?? Is this the kind of stuff you would put up with after spending$$$$$$$$$

Come on man there is a serious denial problem on the builders end sending the motors out like that.
I have no dog in this fight but I spent 40k on my motors and didnt cry when they were only supposed to cost me 25k.I spent the dollars recieved my engines and they ran like pisss.It cost me another $2500 to straighten out the motors (used spark plug wires) and I luckily have been runnin hot ever since. Im definately no engine guru but,if you are writing the check there is some accountability due on the builders part.Handshake guarantee's are not the way to fly bro.

Any builder selling over big power should be flying out after the install and tuning those motors under real conditions. Period !

If the combonation Bill had was not worthy,why didnt the builder express his concerns???? Instead they sold him an exspensive head job,the motors grenade and now the customers adick?????
See, your just adding more fuel to the fire. The end result will be a settlement of $ and pride. nobody wins here. Just chill out.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. Bravo III
See, your just adding more fuel to the fire. The end result will be a settlement of $ and pride. nobody wins here. Just chill out.

But he( Plumber Crack) is right though. Turn the tales toward your boat. You spent Good, hard earned money and this is your end result. Anyone of us would be venting. We love the sport, hate the cost, We Are willing to spend it to enjoy what we love to do. BUT We hate to spend it over and over because someone didn't do or tell us what they know best!! WE pay for a professional and we always have to become there equal at the end. I don't want to be a marine mechanic but I have to READ everything to make sure he is doing it right so I don't have to pay two and three times for his mistakes and for the sport I love so much.

Read the thread about the Bam Transmission guy.. Put yourself in his shoes...

IT PHUCKIN FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!

They never have problem cashing the checks though!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.