Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ????? >

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Notices

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Old 08-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
speed service engine works elston ave. chicago il
Northern do you have a Link or website for them ??? Not that far away for future machine work ...
Thanks
Old 08-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmareno
I agree with you 100%.. I am sure there are many that are happy with Larry.. Bill got a raw deal. Who is 100% right or wrong... We don't know...
This Thread makes me aware of a lot of things.. Before I go blow up the 60k I just spent on my stuff:
1. Is my timing set right?
2. Is the fuel I am using right for my motors
3. I will run it for a few minutes then pull some plugs and check a few things out. I like these threads. I learned a lot off the BAM trannie thread.

There is a lot of good point thrown in the mix to enlighten a lot of us " less Knowledgable" people aware of things to look out for..

Please continue on!!
All very good points. I just want to add hopefully one last post.

RHR, let's address your timing issue that you think is your smoking gun.

1. Timing was set to exactly what Larry told you, 32 degrees, IF you were going to run half an half water/meth. That is what an injection system does, allows you to run more timing so you aren't leaving power on the table.
2. The mixture of half and half was very specific. If you run full meth you are going to run lean.
3.Larry told you if for some reason you were not going to run the injection system, YOU MUST back the timing down.
4. Like I/we have said before, with a boat full of fuel, 5 people, and at around 90mph it is going to be very tough to keep boost below 5 pounds. The older classic decks like to hop around below 90, and the only way to take some of the hop away is to bury the nose, which will obviously put more load on the motors, raising the boost. If you turn slightly, your boost comes up, sh*t you look at the boost gauge and it comes up.
5. The Kentucky run was a long one. In trips or a trip prior to the run you had told Larry you were using alot of Meth. Now, of course you don't care about the cost of the Meth, but the tanks only hold so much, so you wanted to conserve it in the first part of the run so you could run hard later on.
6. In a earlier post someone remarked about the quality of LOVES gas. I'll tell you, if you were so up on having low maintence motors, why did you want 1350hp on pump gas??
All the money we spend on these boats it AMAZES me why people want to run sh*t pump gas.

You keep saying that Larry ordered all the parts for you but never charged you because he was planning to eat it and only changed his tune when Stephanie found out. He wasn't worried about getting paid at that exact time, he just wanted to get you back on the water, after that, you guys would square up then.

You also say that you tried to get ahold of Larry on a Friday but he was working on his truck? RHR, Larry has no truck, He is a car guy, so I'm not sure were you got that. Only one guy at his shop has a truck, and it is a new GMC.

Also, I'm not down playing the amount of money you spent, but when you said you did everything Larry wanted to do, that is false. One thing was getting rid of the Merc ignition. I know you have seen those one the dyno hop back and forth in timing. I know yours ran 200 hours......just because it ran doesn't mean it wasn't worn out.

One last thing. Larry never, ever, told you to send him back the motors so he could redesign the pistons. That is a flat out lie. Let's just say, for your sake, he did say that. Why then, did he order you the EXACT same ones that came out of the motors if they were so wrong???
Old 08-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck

1. Timing was set to exactly what Larry told you, 32 degrees, IF you were going to run half an half water/meth. That is what an injection system does, allows you to run more timing so you aren't leaving power on the table.
2. The mixture of half and half was very specific. If you run full meth you are going to run lean.
3.Larry told you if for some reason you were not going to run the injection system, YOU MUST back the timing down.
4. Like I/we have said before, with a boat full of fuel, 5 people, and at around 90mph it is going to be very tough to keep boost below 5 pounds. The older classic decks like to hop around below 90, and the only way to take some of the hop away is to bury the nose, which will obviously put more load on the motors, raising the boost. If you turn slightly, your boost comes up, sh*t you look at the boost gauge and it comes up.
5. The Kentucky run was a long one. In trips or a trip prior to the run you had told Larry you were using alot of Meth. Now, of course you don't care about the cost of the Meth, but the tanks only hold so much, so you wanted to conserve it in the first part of the run so you could run hard later on.
6. In a earlier post someone remarked about the quality of LOVES gas. I'll tell you, if you were so up on having low maintence motors, why did you want 1350hp on pump gas??
All the money we spend on these boats it AMAZES me why people want to run sh*t pump gas.

You keep saying that Larry ordered all the parts for you but never charged you because he was planning to eat it and only changed his tune when Stephanie found out. He wasn't worried about getting paid at that exact time, he just wanted to get you back on the water, after that, you guys would square up then.

You also say that you tried to get ahold of Larry on a Friday but he was working on his truck? RHR, Larry has no truck, He is a car guy, so I'm not sure were you got that. Only one guy at his shop has a truck, and it is a new GMC.

Also, I'm not down playing the amount of money you spent, but when you said you did everything Larry wanted to do, that is false. One thing was getting rid of the Merc ignition. I know you have seen those one the dyno hop back and forth in timing. I know yours ran 200 hours......just because it ran doesn't mean it wasn't worn out.

One last thing. Larry never, ever, told you to send him back the motors so he could redesign the pistons. That is a flat out lie. Let's just say, for your sake, he did say that. Why then, did he order you the EXACT same ones that came out of the motors if they were so wrong???
Hello again ERIK and thanks for stopping by once again its he said /she said and you were'nt there i dont think for the phone calls ..... Dont know Larry would need a mouth piece when Mr EVIL TOY BREAKER posts on OSO ..but on with the show

Keep in mind motor was shipped from Larrys to Illinois at 34 Degrees and a note to change them ... as far as meth/water the boat ran the last 2 years 200 + hours on straight Methanol with absolutely NO PROBLEMOS ....If Larrys was'nt familiar with Methanol injection you should'nt have pumped him up as the best like you did with the BIG CHIEF HEADS

The boat had 50/50 mix in the Methanol tanks and when i get back home monday i will attach reciepts to this thread for the casses of Distilled water purchased on June 18 for the june 20 meltdown ........

I would have no reason to back the timing down , The Methanol system turns on when the boat is started and was set at 6 Lbs of Boost where Larry wanted it at (have emails) and boat was at 4000 rpm,90 mph,5 lbs boost and stayed at 5 lbs some reason my motors /boost gauges dont just bounce around from 5 - 10 lbs like Larry sayz all the SKATERS do in Arizona mmmmmmm
on Larrys phone call of june 22 he stated OOPS on setting the meth at 6 lbs next time around we will have to have it come on at 4 LBS ...... Tell him not to friggin LIE

Full load of fuel,6 people NOT 5 people,90 mph in 2 footers drives Level,no Hop at all .....We were just cruising at 90 mph

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 08-08-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Banned

Continued

Long run/short run no Biggie BIG Daddy we hold 40 gallons (2 20 gallon tanks ) were you there for this alleged call about using alot of meth ????? I know of other SKATERS with 1 - 15 gallon tank and makin these runs so NO SHARTAGE ON METH
Keep in mind we ran this same run Last year with same motors /same meth tanks & set up and completed the run with plenty of fuel & methanol left only difference was motors were untouched by BIG DAWG motor guru LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE

Yes i seen the post and was not concerned at all as we ran LOVES gas last year same gas station,same time,tons of boats from the run filled up there ,same poker run, and we have run 93 pump gas Last 2 years 200 + hours .... In addition we had 25% 110 OCTANE Barrel Fuel in each tank as per Larrys advice so we were extra safe only thing he forgot to tell us was BACK THE TIMING DOWN TO 27 DEGREES and we'd still be boating ...
So we should skip the gas station and go right to the REFINERY ??????
Old 08-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Banned

A- Just wanted to get me back on the water Then why tell me i am responsable for the $ 1000.00 Casidium wrist pins and give me the # to call and pay myelf ??? He does sell parts right ??? why not put them on the Bill too ?? your BUSTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
B-Back on the water ??? well i dont believe that one either the boat was still weeks away from ready for water and very convienent that Pistons are coated and ready to leave DART today if i dont get a CC# or Bank wire today pistons dont leave and ship ..... Explain this one BIG Daddy and if that was on friday july 24 th and Larry was worried about getting me back in the water why did'nt Pistons ever ship ????
C- On friday Larry recieved a call from A***O engines that motor was CCd and compression was 9.24 -1 and would have to be run on 110/118 fuel and Larry sayz i will send you a custom .078 cometic gasket and well fix her up .... NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Phuch that no Bandaides on my motors i said and after that the parts Bill came over the email and have never gotten a return phone call to date

Only know what i was told unless that was an excuse to not come to the phone ,His employee who answered the phone on june 24th said he was outside working on a truck , whatever he was doing (even if he wa takin a chit) who cares he never called back friday,saturday,monday and i do have phone records ordered anyway so it would be easy to show the phone call for the late afternoon of july 24 ......

One last thing. Larry never, ever, told you to send him back the motors so he could redesign the pistons. That is a flat out lie. Let's just say, for your sake, he did say that. Why then, did he order you the EXACT same ones that came out of the motors if they were so wrong???[/QUOTE]

BIG DADDY that is exactly the words out of LARRYS mouth on june 22 nd were get them back there and i'll REDESIGN PISTONS and we'll start over my reply was PHUCH THAT you had all winter to do these motors whatever you needed and should of got them right the 1st time your the Professional and now you'll have these things till December im doing them Local ....
As far as why he sent the same ones
I'm assuming he expected A***O to just put the pistons & rings in and long block the motors & not check anything and they would of went out the door and Blowed up agin and it would of been A***O fault and LARRYS would of said see know one can build these kinda motors but LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE ...If those motors went back to LARRYS they would of came back with 54 cc pistons and no one would of know the difference of the 1st time Phuch up ...

Distributors wore out ???? All news to me have no knowledge of this and you still havent produced any email or any notes on the invoice to back this up ...that they are a problem .......Tell LARRY to keep writng for you ...

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 08-08-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Continued

Long run/short run no Biggie BIG Daddy we hold 40 gallons (2 20 gallon tanks ) were you there for this alleged call about using alot of meth ????? I know of other SKATERS with 1 - 15 gallon tank and makin these runs so NO SHARTAGE ON METH
Keep in mind we ran this same run Last year with same motors /same meth tanks & set up and completed the run with plenty of fuel & methanol left only difference was motors were untouched by BIG DAWG motor guru LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE

Yes i seen the post and was not concerned at all as we ran LOVES gas last year same gas station,same time,tons of boats from the run filled up there ,same poker run, and we have run 93 pump gas Last 2 years 200 + hours .... In addition we had 25% 110 OCTANE Barrel Fuel in each tank as per Larrys advice so we were extra safe only thing he forgot to tell us was BACK THE TIMING DOWN TO 27 DEGREES and we'd still be boating ...
So we should skip the gas station and go right to the REFINERY ??????
Let us know when you get the slowest Skater in the country back together oh perfect one.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Banned

Let us know when you get the slowest Skater in the country back together oh perfect one.
Thanks Pal , So you gotta be a D!K
In 1 of your post you stated leave the BIG MOTORS & BIG CATS to you and your guys in Tuscon

I will prove to you that LARRYS TIMING was phuched up and
the boat will run on 100% methanol injetion (no water needed)
the boat will run on 93 pump gas (Loves)
the boat will run with the same old style merc distributors that have always been there )
the boat timing will be set at 27 degrees not Larrys 34 degrees
the boat will have same exact meth system and will come on at 9 lbs of boost ( not 6 or 4 lbs)
the boat will run at 4000 rpm ,5 lbs of boost,90 mph, and i will video tape the 13.7 miles this time and show O2s,Pyros, and pull a few plugs 4 ya ...

P.S. i did'nt ask Larry to build a drag race motor is was to be a poker run motor with Methanol to help with the EGTS at high rpm ...not at 4000 rpm ame as before he took it apart and came up with this set-up ...

PEACE OUT & thanks for stoppin in this weekend

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 08-08-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Thanks Pal , So you gotta be a D!K
In 1 of your post you stated leave the BIG MOTORS & BIG CATS to you and your guys in Tuscon

I will prove to you that LARRYS TIMING was phuched up and
the boat will run on 100% methanol injetion (no water needed)
the boat will run on 93 pump gas (Loves)
the boat will run with the same old style merc distributors that have always been there )
the boat timing will be set at 27 degrees not Larrys 34 degrees
the boat will have same exact meth system and will come on at 9 lbs of boost ( not 6 or 4 lbs)
the boat will run at 4000 rpm ,5 lbs of boost,90 mph, and i will video tape the 13.7 miles this time and show O2s,Pyros, and pull a few plugs 4 ya ...

P.S. i did'nt ask Larry to build a drag race motor is was to be a poker run motor with Methanol to help with the EGTS at high rpm ...not at 4000 rpm ame as before he took it apart and came up with this set-up ...

PEACE OUT & thanks for stoppin in this weekend

I like your thinking... Don't give up, redo the motors, then bring this thread back to life with video and data of you hittin the speed you were shooting for... Also run 4K rpm's and prove engines will last.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IT'S STILL A SKATER!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
I like your thinking... Don't give up, redo the motors, then bring this thread back to life with video and data of you hittin the speed you were shooting for... Also run 4K rpm's and prove engines will last.
:erna ehrung004:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.