Notices

Why do boats break?

Old 07-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by isellpower
I realize that boats use Chevy, Ford, Dodge (Ilmor) engines, but boats themselves are built by tiny companies in comparison to cars. What do you suppose the price and reliability of boats would be if Honda, Toyota, Ford, etc, built boats? I suppose maint and breakage would be decreased dramatically. Just imagine the engineering budget Toyota would have for drives. F1 cars run at constant super high RPM's with big hp and small cu's and they do not break nearly as often as the high hp race boats. Just my 2 rupes.
You saved me the typing, thanks.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:25 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff P31
If it was cheap and easy everybody would do her , or it !!!!
Right on!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TxHawk
You saved me the typing, thanks.
How is the excaliber these days?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Registered

Boats break for the same reason that tornados target trailer parks..........
Old 07-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
I am trying to set t up for the weekend of the 11th.

Who is this? We've met before havn't we?
Garry Alexander I bought the 388 slingshot from charles, also was on the 39 rocket doing 106 across conroe with you.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:29 PM
Registered

I realize that boats use Chevy, Ford, Dodge (Ilmor) engines, but boats themselves are built by tiny companies in comparison to cars. What do you suppose the price and reliability of boats would be if Honda, Toyota, Ford, etc, built boats? I suppose maint and breakage would be decreased dramatically. Just imagine the engineering budget Toyota would have for drives. F1 cars run at constant super high RPM's with big hp and small cu's and they do not break nearly as often as the high hp race boats. Just my 2 rupes.
That, my friends, is it in a nut shell. The engineering in boats/drives/etc. is archaic by comparison.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

How is the excaliber these days?
I can't complain a bit!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by galex0100
Garry Alexander I bought the 388 slingshot from charles, also was on the 39 rocket doing 106 across conroe with you.
I thought that might be you. What happened to your boat. It looked good when you were making the delivery runs. I saw it passing in front of the house.

What engines were in that thing.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Registered

I thought that might be you. What happened to your boat. It looked good when you were making the delivery runs. I saw it passing in front of the house.

What engines were in that thing.
Drive problems but all will be fixed this week and some other upgrades The boat has 565ci and from what i'm told coming in around 720 each. I did see 92 that first day out, but the motors timing was way too high. The props were also way too big so I've changed those also. I'm ready too see what she'll do now
Old 07-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Registered

I had a $47k Ford that had a perpetual oil leak and wouldn't start if it was 30 degrees outside. Now I have a $47k Dodge that left me on the side of the road on the Desert in the summer. Dodge roadside service called back after three hours and said they couldn't send anyone ...I needed to call 911. 2 hours later got a tow. They were called by Dodge but since Dodge owes them more than 30k they wont go on a Dodge Call. 500 dollars on my dime. I also have a 2 year old Grand Cherokee that the airconditioning keeps going out and the dash electrical keeps going out. Yea..These yahoos would build awesome boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.