Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bimini tops and full enclosures on an offshore? >

Bimini tops and full enclosures on an offshore?

Notices

Bimini tops and full enclosures on an offshore?

Old 07-30-2009, 01:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Bimini tops and full enclosures on an offshore?

Does anybody have a bimini top with a full wrap around enclosure? As uncool as it may seem, it would make sense that if foul weather poped up on you, you could put it up and still be able to make headway. Last weekend I was out on a 39' aft cabin Searay on Lake St. Clair and we were caught in a bad squall. We zipped down the sides,and the bridge was fully enclosed. We still had to be under power and making headway to maintain control over the boat. If you have something like this lets see pictures. I understand that most people would high tail it for a safe haven, but in the instance that you could not, I think it would be nice to be able to not be pelted with rain and wind.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is highly illegal & should not be attempted by anyone claiming to be a performance boater.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

All my boats have Bimini tops, it's just too hot in the Florida sun, idleing thru the MANATEE ZONES not to have one down here.
Dean
Old 07-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have it on the Hallett. Bimini all the time<50mph. Plus for those overnighters we have a full zip in wrap around plastics. Came with the boat and zips to the bimini. used it a few time out here in vegas. Don't go faster than 10 mph.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Registered

My buddy has an old 357 SR1 that has a bimini and half a wrap around. There is not back panels just the front and sides. Not practical for running hard but is nice to have when you are rafted off overnight and rain pops up.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a full enclose and its great for overnight and rain.
Also have plastic AND screens for side curtains.
Attached Thumbnails Bimini tops and full enclosures on an offshore?-cruisair.jpg   Bimini tops and full enclosures on an offshore?-dsc01861-medium-.jpg   Bimini tops and full enclosures on an offshore?-dsc01860-medium-.jpg  

Old 07-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

don't have one, but I would like to get one made. I overnight with 3 kids, it would be much nicer than the cockpit cover.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:29 PM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Funny you bring this topic up, I just had a canvas guy make one for me yesterday, he is about 95% complete. I have had the bimini but upgraded all the curtians and better screens for ventilation, I took pics today while on the trailer. I will be taking a trip down the Jersey shore next weekend and plan to make good use of it. I know it will make my wife happy
Attached Thumbnails Bimini tops and full enclosures on an offshore?-p7300008.jpg   Bimini tops and full enclosures on an offshore?-p7300009.jpg   Bimini tops and full enclosures on an offshore?-p7300010.jpg  

Old 07-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call fountain and ask who makes their 70mph biminis.

JB how fast can you run with it up?
Old 07-31-2009, 07:23 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

He tells me (canvas guy) not to exceed 40 mph & of course a lot is determined by the conditions of the water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.