Notices

Cat killer vs 40' Skater

Old 08-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Represented Tom Newby's estate (RIP 9/11/07) so guessing ScarabJ and Mike A. aren't best of friends.
I do not know Scarab J, however, he owns a Nor-Tech which means I probably would like him because he obviously has good taste.

My point is that as a racer, Chairman/CEO of APBA, and now an attorney representing both sides in boating related wrongful death and severe injury cases I have seen a lot of terrible tragedy. So when we can take steps to avoid or minimize tragedy doing what we love, we ought to do it. Requiring life jackets and helmets when racing at 160plus mph is the least we should do.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the video, I never saw anything that implied the Skater was faster than the Fountain, but quite a lot that showed the Fountain pulling away easily, and handling the very few waves with aplomb. Quite an impressive piece for Fountain! Why is it on the Skater site? Well, I guess its pretty impressive that any cat can hang with the Cat Killer.

Seriously, both those boats were smoking! The Fountain was clearly faster, however.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Is catmando taking time out of his busy day of s*ckin obama shaft to talk chit about somebody he doesnt know? But then again...he knows everybody in the boating industry on a first name, text messaging, basis. My bad.
You mean like sucking bu$h shaft like you STILL do? I go to boat shows and Offshore races so I do know quite a few people in the boating industry. Yeah your bad true dat.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike A.
I do not know Scarab J, however, he owns a Nor-Tech which means I probably would like him because he obviously has good taste.

My point is that as a racer, Chairman/CEO of APBA, and now an attorney representing both sides in boating related wrongful death and severe injury cases I have seen a lot of terrible tragedy. So when we can take steps to avoid or minimize tragedy doing what we love, we ought to do it. Requiring life jackets and helmets when racing at 160plus mph is the least we should do.
He called you an ambulance-chasing douchebag and you say you "probably would like him"?? But hey that's nothing compared to the names he's called me.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikes280
well i have been in his boat a well over 100 and he drives gatorone's boat for most of the runs so tell me just what boat do you have and how fast is it
LOL- I have to say I never thought I would hear the name ScarabJ and slow boat (or implied) in the same post.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

I will try to get this back on track.......an old, used, beat up skater 12 years old....... JC performance motors....how much worse could you pick something to try to out run someone with.......and they still were first to the bridge.....

and they were in first in sarasota at that poker run for the first 50 or so miles then blew both engines up... but they definately were in the lead,,,,, notice there is no wake or foam trail infront of them in my video.... the best part is everytime they go in the air they land on the gas.... where most of the wimps in here running there 70 mph boat would have let off and cleaned there shorts.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biIZyKsv5-A
Old 08-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
I will try to get this back on track.......an old, used, beat up skater 12 years old....... JC performance motors....how much worse could you pick something to try to out run someone with.......and they still were first to the bridge.....

and they were in first in sarasota at that poker run for the first 50 or so miles then blew both engines up... but they definately were in the lead,,,,, notice there is no wake or foam trail infront of them in my video.... the best part is everytime they go in the air they land on the gas.... where most of the wimps in here running there 70 mph boat would have let off and cleaned there shorts.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biIZyKsv5-A
Thanks for the compliment
Old 08-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! That is an amazing cat!

It sure is smooth water: I don't think I have ever seen the Pacific that smooth. So that's a what -- 45 footer? -- with maximum wave size of about a foot, maybe an 18 inch wake that one time. That sure looks like the right boat for flat water! Wow! I'd love a ride!!

In that super smooth water, it is obvious how the air entrapment really smoooooths the re-entry, and lifts the whole boat when the water it totally flat. No wonder those things go so fast!

I just think its boring to never see a swell. That's just me.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by carcrash
Wow! That is an amazing cat!

It sure is smooth water: I don't think I have ever seen the Pacific that smooth. So that's a what -- 45 footer? -- with maximum wave size of about a foot, maybe an 18 inch wake that one time. That sure looks like the right boat for flat water! Wow! I'd love a ride!!

In that super smooth water, it is obvious how the air entrapment really smoooooths the re-entry, and lifts the whole boat when the water it totally flat. No wonder those things go so fast!

I just think its boring to never see a swell. That's just me.
40 footer. That's the Gulf of Mexico which is not nearly as rough as the Pacific 95% of the time, although it can get rough when heavy weather rolls in.

And it doesn't take much swell to get a 150mph cat airborne. Of course you have a Fountain so you wouldn't know. How fast is your boat did you say?
Old 08-05-2009, 08:22 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

All the reason why SKATER builds a superior product:

SKATER FACTORY TOUR SLIDESHOW Click here!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.