Notices

GA/SC/NC Boating

Old 08-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GA/SC/NC Boating

What are the most popular/best areas to boat with an offshore (35'+) boat in the SC/GA/NC area?

Are there a lot of offshore boaters along the coast, or do most boat in land on lakes? I've read about Hartwell, Murray, Norman, Lanier, etc., but not sure which ones are more suited for larger boats where you can get transient slips and shore power to overnight, and have destinations on the water, like bars/restaurants to boat to.

Any advice or tips?

Who has the most poker/fun runs and where are they normally? I don't seem to see as much from coastal boaters like Hilton Head, etc. but more on the lakes, which is more appealing to me since I currently boat in fresh water.

Thanks!
Mark
Old 08-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Registered

Talking

I live in bluffton boat around mayriver sandbar,palmetto bluff,dafuskie island,and over to savannah.

I prefer to tow down to st johns river and run the river more to do and see.Not that it isnt cool here just more powerboaters on the sjr.

where you living now? come out this weekend.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Registered

Talking

checked your in michigan,lanier is a nice lake lake norman a little small for running but nice.