Notices

BoatFix.com out of Business?

Old 08-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BoatFix.com out of Business?

Anybody know anything about Boat Fix.com? I have ordered stuff from them in the past and had good luck.

But now, my son ordered a glove box and received just the lock and key. No answer to e-mail for return information or a number of phone calls. I tried plugging in every extension I could on the phone system and no answer on any of them, in fact many said "mail box full"

Are they done?
Old 08-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Registered

sounds like business as usual for boatfix.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Registered

I'm not wild about my experience with them either -- found them through a google shopping search. Order was accepted and paid on Friday. On Monday was informed that the price had gone up by $60. I said OK. Then 10 days passed and nothing. I emailed to inquire about the status, and they emailed back saying that it would ship the next day. I got the feeling that it had just been sitting there.

OK, but by today's internet standards, not great. Stay on them.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It took them 2 months after payment to deliver a Lowarance gps to me this spring. I kinda liked the site.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

My orders always arrived on time. I never had an issue. One time they didn't have the spark plugs I needed and they sent me an email to let me know.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Call off the dogs...maybe. Did get a e-mail asking for order #. I'll post outcome.

Still no phone messages returned out of many left. Hope e-mail will resolve this.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Thumbs up Boatfix up-date

Originally Posted by blefever
Call off the dogs...maybe. Did get a e-mail asking for order #. I'll post outcome.

Still no phone messages returned out of many left. Hope e-mail will resolve this.
Received a phone call today. Apology for delay in contacting me. Will ship right parts right away and send return authorization. Very nice guy, hope this is a done deal.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:41 PM
rjr
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had similar experiences with Boatfix. The first time was perfect. The second was for an ancient head rebuild kit, during the Christmas holidays. After several weeks I called, emailed, and even blasted them on their forum (you know that one didn't last 30 seconds). When there was no response I notified Discover that there was a problem. Phone call the next day from that same very nice young man offering apologies. The rebuild kit came shortly thereafter. The last transaction was for a GPS. I received it within a week. Bottom line is that I will probably buy stuff from them in the future but not wait longer than the credit card holding period to notify the card company if I don't receive the merchandise.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

made good

Originally Posted by blefever
Received a phone call today. Apology for delay in contacting me. Will ship right parts right away and send return authorization. Very nice guy, hope this is a done deal.
Received the right parts today just as the guy said on the phone. I still think they need to work on customer service, but at least they did what they said.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:17 AM
Registered

I live in CT and I normally receive the parts within 2 days from date of order. It does take them a few days to reply to emails but I ordered some items Monday and they arrived this Wednesday, prices seem to be pretty good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.