Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   saw ''miss geico'' today (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/214479-saw-miss-geico-today.html)

dmaxx3500 08-06-2009 10:30 PM

saw ''miss geico'' today

driving down us 24 this morning in tenn between nashville and chatanouga,,i saw the ''miss geico'' train heading north ,1 big cat,2 semis,1 v-bottom,,,looked cool

Magic Medicine 08-06-2009 11:08 PM

On the way to Michigan City for the race. I will be there early am

AB From Windsor 08-07-2009 07:15 AM

That has to be quite a sight to see. Glad to hear that they are ready to race once again with their new boat.

26 REDLINE 08-07-2009 09:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500 (Post 2926970)
driving down us 24 this morning in tenn between nashville and chatanouga,,i saw the ''miss geico'' train heading north ,1 big cat,2 semis,1 v-bottom,,,looked cool

I bet that you can't say that you have ever passed Miss Geico with your boat...:lolhit:

G-Spot 08-07-2009 10:58 AM

Cool pics Redline

blefever 08-07-2009 10:44 PM

I love that stuff!

mmareno 08-08-2009 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE (Post 2927206)
I bet that you can't say that you have ever passed Miss Geico with your boat...:lolhit:

:eek::eek: Now you better look out.. They will probably step there rigs up now... That will never happen again!!! They don't take kindly to being passed LMAO

waybomb 08-08-2009 07:26 PM

At SBI today, Miss Geico broke off a part, maybe called a tunnel flap, and it went up into the support for the rudder.

So my kid goes up to the guys and asks if they need a vacuum pump for fixing the glass. What they needed was a 3/8" thick 5056 aluminum flap part 36" wide cut out, bent, and welded. So he offers to make it. He drove back to Baroda, opened the shop, made the part. He's heading back to Michigan City now to bring it to them now.

That's cool, my 21 year old kid is helping Miss Geico run tomorrow.

BTW - if anybody needs an awesome fabricator, my kid is a perfectionist. He likes making one-off pieces. Hopefully somebody from Geico will give him a plug here. He really wants to get into High Performance racing in a big way.

NJgr8ful 08-08-2009 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by waybomb (Post 2927896)
At SBI today, Miss Geico broke off a part, maybe called a tunnel flap, and it went up into the support for the rudder.

So my kid goes up to the guys and asks if they need a vacuum pump for fixing the glass. What they needed was a 3/8" thick 5056 aluminum flap part 36" wide cut out, bent, and welded. So he offers to make it. He drove back to Baroda, opened the shop, made the part. He's heading back to Michigan City now to bring it to them now.

BTW - if anybody needs an awesome fabricator, my kid is a perfectionist. He likes making one-off pieces. Hopefully somebody from Geico will give him a plug here. He really wants to get into High Performance racing in a big way.

Very cool waybomb!!

KNOT-RIGHT 08-08-2009 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by waybomb (Post 2927896)

Way to Go!:drink: