please help identify this boat for me >

please help identify this boat for me

Notices

please help identify this boat for me

Old 01-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default please help identify this boat for me

i am looking at this boat and the owner says it is a 1991 24' vector. I cannot find any info on vector's other than fishing boats. Could it be another kind of boat? Please help me identify this boat. Thanks for your help.

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/spubar44/boat/
Old 01-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so many boat builders.. it hard for me to tell

is it a good solid boat.. looks clean enough

but i'm sure someone will know it
Old 01-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm not 100% on this, but I'm guessing you're looking at a 24' Python Vector.
I was looking at one a few years ago before I bought my 24 Pantera.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...elp-cinci.html

24x7 splash hull from the research I've done.
Mixed reports on build quality on the Pythons.
The owner of Python passed away a few years ago, but someone in the Chi town area has the molds, and I believe they were building a 41.
I'm happier to have the Pantera, and actually got it for less than what they wanted for the Python.

Do a search here on Python - there isn't a lot of info, but there is some. It'll give you some history.
If this is the type of boat you're looking for (24x7), also check out Pantera, Superboat, P&D. There are a few other 24x7's out there.
Good Luck.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Registered

bouyhunter, that is great. alot more than i knew about it. It looks to be in pretty good shape. it is a 91, all redone 4 years ago, new paint, It has a big block 468 Chevy. It has Bravo 1 drive, Gil Wet Offshore thru the hull exhaust. Brand new interior, and Gaffrig gauges. Needs a few minor things but nothing serious, just small cosmetic items. Are these pretty good boats? Thanks
Old 01-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Registered

It is a Python/Vector, built in Ga. Very good rough water boat. Built by Jim Clark, who passed away about three years ago. 24 degree deadrise, narrow beam. I wonder where the molds went, they sold by his son.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I'm not 100% on this, but I'm guessing you're looking at a 24' Python Vector.
I was looking at one a few years ago before I bought my 24 Pantera.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...elp-cinci.html

24x7 splash hull from the research I've done.
Mixed reports on build quality on the Pythons.
The owner of Python passed away a few years ago, but someone in the Chi town area has the molds, and I believe they were building a 41.
I'm happier to have the Pantera, and actually got it for less than what they wanted for the Python.

Do a search here on Python - there isn't a lot of info, but there is some. It'll give you some history.
If this is the type of boat you're looking for (24x7), also check out Pantera, Superboat, P&D. There are a few other 24x7's out there.
Good Luck.

I actually own that boat now. It seems to be a pretty solid boat. I had out in some pretty ruff stuff in lake erie and its done great. How much were they asking for the boat when you saw it? Will you shoot me an email with what ever info you remember about it. Bromaguire at aol .com

I haven't found much info about these boats but so far mines seems to be holding up good. I am updating a couple things on mine but other than outdated gauges I have no complaints with it so far.

OP do you have any pictures of the cabin of the boat your looking at? Also what kind of power and how much are they asking?
Old 01-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Registered

Bromaguire,

i see your in cleveland, great place. I used to live their in Fairview Park, stationed in the Coast Guard down town across from the Rock n Roll hall of fame, then i transfered to marblehead and now i am further south. Your boat looks great. He is asking 10,000 for it. Needs a little cleaning in the cuddy and the engine compartment, but other than that, really good looking. I have just gone on google and searched for python boats and learn a little about them every time. Here is a good link i found that tells about them.

http://web.archive.org/web/200012062...thonboats.com/

tell em a little about your boat. I'm pretty excited about getting it. I did a boat history report on it and all looks good so far. I should be picking it up this weekend,maybe. I love to tinker and do mechanical work so it is just as fun to work on the stuff as it is going out on it. Just getting rid of the harley and trying a new toy, more for the family. By the way, you got any more pictures? Also where did you get your cockpit cover?
The following users liked this post:
Rockymntn (01-30-2021)
Old 01-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
I actually own that boat now. It seems to be a pretty solid boat. I had out in some pretty ruff stuff in lake erie and its done great. How much were they asking for the boat when you saw it? Will you shoot me an email with what ever info you remember about it. Bromaguire at aol .com

I haven't found much info about these boats but so far mines seems to be holding up good. I am updating a couple things on mine but other than outdated gauges I have no complaints with it so far.

OP do you have any pictures of the cabin of the boat your looking at? Also what kind of power and how much are they asking?
I have TONS of photo's of your boat - give me an e-mail addy, and I'll send them.
I saw the boat at Plapp's outdoor (more of a fishing/pontoon/ATV/RV place) in Hebron/Florence KY. If memory serves, they were asking $12,900.
I was looking for a 24x7, and this one just popped up there one day.
I was going back the following weekend to make an offer, and the boat was gone. I didn't even stop to ask about, figured it wasn't meant to be.
Several months later I was talking with one of the employees where I work, and she said her boyfriend was buying a boat, opens her phone, and shows me a picture of your boat.
Apparently Plapp's moved it to their location just across the line in Indiana. Following weekend, he takes it out to seatrial, and apparently the motor blows up on sea trial, he backed out of the deal.
Not sure what happened after that.
Where'd you buy it from?
I wound up picking up an old Pantera in St. Louis that has a lot of history on this board (It's now been owned by 4 members here) and has been cross country twice.
I started a resto on it the week after I bought it, and unfortunately work has gotten in the way, and I'm much further behind than I would hope to be.
Attached Thumbnails please help identify this boat for me-sales-photo-trailer.jpg   please help identify this boat for me-sales-photo-transom.jpg  
Old 01-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Registered

Sorry, just saw the e-mail addy.
I'll try to send pics over some time this week. Need to do a little digging.
Erie is good for rough water - I grew up up that way in Toledo.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by spubar44
Bromaguire,

i see your in cleveland, great place. I used to live their in Fairview Park, stationed in the Coast Guard down town across from the Rock n Roll hall of fame, then i transfered to marblehead and now i am further south. Your boat looks great. He is asking 10,000 for it. Needs a little cleaning in the cuddy and the engine compartment, but other than that, really good looking. I have just gone on google and searched for python boats and learn a little about them every time. Here is a good link i found that tells about them.

http://web.archive.org/web/200012062...thonboats.com/

tell em a little about your boat. I'm pretty excited about getting it. I did a boat history report on it and all looks good so far. I should be picking it up this weekend,maybe. I love to tinker and do mechanical work so it is just as fun to work on the stuff as it is going out on it. Just getting rid of the harley and trying a new toy, more for the family. By the way, you got any more pictures? Also where did you get your cockpit cover?
That site is a great find. I have been looking all over for the manufactures site but it seems to have been taken down. Theres not to much info about these boats around but if you wouldnt mind sharing what you find I'd appreciate it.

I got my boat with a 454 for just a little less than what there asking for the one your looking at. It seems like the price they want for yours is pretty fair. These boats are a lot of fun and are fast. I didn't use a gps to measure the speed but the speedo said about 73-74. I figure I was at least in the 70's because one of my buddys has a 4cyl. supercharged jetski that tops out at 70 and I was able to beat him and keep pulling away. Ive ran a couple other jet skis and had no trouble with them either. This was my first boat for me and its not to much boat but just enough to grow into for me. The only thing about my boat the I wasn't to phscyed about was that the cabin was only carpeted and didnt have cushions. I am going to have it done this winter though. I'd be curious to see what the one your looking at is like if you have any pictures. I am still not set on how I want the cushions. The cockpit cover was on the boat when I bought it so im not to sure where its from.

Heres a couple more pics I've got it. I can snap a couple more if you want.

Quick Reply: please help identify this boat for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.