Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sad news heard a fountain was dumped on I75!!! >

Sad news heard a fountain was dumped on I75!!!

Notices

Sad news heard a fountain was dumped on I75!!!

Old 08-09-2009, 11:34 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a good thing that you did some quick thinking with your maneuvers, otherwise it would've been a whole lot worst. Glad to hear that noone was seriously injured. Material things can be replaced, but I'm sure that this phucked up your summer.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 08-10-2009, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gstacy2212
I am the owner of the boat and truck. Wife and I are fine. Thx for the well wishes. For the record the truck is a 2500HD Duramax and the boat is a 99 Fountain 35. A three car accident happend right in front of us and we could not avoid. I swerved sharply to avoid but caught the tail end of the last car. One of the cars caught fire and the boat was touching the burning vehicle. It was just a matter of time before the cover caught. To my knowledge the fuel tanks on the boat were never ruptured. Hope the insurance works out but the wife and kids will sure miss that boat.....

Wow tough day!! As long as you and the family are ok.. The rest can be replaced.

Best of luck
Old 08-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am very happy to hear you are all OK. Boats and trucks can be replaced. We have had a couple of close calls that were not our fault while trailering our BT, it's very stressful towing a boat on the expressway. Sounds like you did a good job in a bad situation.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Yea, for some reason when you tow... every idiot in the world almost causes you to lose control, I have a few close calls also, it seems the bigger the load the more idiots are out there!

Glad everyone came out safe..
Old 08-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks like a 29 to me, 1500 would be fine if thats the case
Old 08-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by obnoxus
Looks like a 29 to me, 1500 would be fine if thats the case
See post 29.....
Old 08-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aTX427
The entire rig is heavier than you may think. I weighed my 42 on a Cat Scale with 3/4 to 7/8 worth of fuel in main tanks, empty saddle tanks, empty water tank, no bathroon, no additional weekend supplies, aluminum Myco triple, drive guard, two spares and a tool box with some basics. It was around 15,800 lbs and change. An F450 is rated at 16,000 lbs for a bumper pull towing, so I ended up buying a F650 with air brakes, a 26,000 lb hitch, etc. to have a suffient margin of safety and prevent liability / property issues. Would not have taking much to overload the F450.
You shouldn't weigh a V hull on a Cat scale!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Registered

Glad to hear you guys are alright, i have trailered thru that area and let me tell you there are alot of accidents in that area and have had a close call or two there as well, seems like people forget to drive when they are looking sideways at your rig and when they pass you swerve right in front of you. This is why i use 4 10K LB straps two on front at a 45 and two on the rear to hold it in place. I was told that this setup will keep the trailer attatched to the boat the best.

Originally Posted by gstacy2212
I am the owner of the boat and truck. Wife and I are fine. Thx for the well wishes. For the record the truck is a 2500HD Duramax and the boat is a 99 Fountain 35. A three car accident happend right in front of us and we could not avoid. I swerved sharply to avoid but caught the tail end of the last car. One of the cars caught fire and the boat was touching the burning vehicle. It was just a matter of time before the cover caught. To my knowledge the fuel tanks on the boat were never ruptured. Hope the insurance works out but the wife and kids will sure miss that boat.....
Old 08-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

it's Great that everyone got out safe.... Hopefully the insurance company takes care of you
Old 08-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gary, Glad to hear you and Michelle are OK! I was worried when I read the description of the boat, I knew it was yours. Hope everything works out for you, I know it sucks to lose the boat!!!
Kyle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.