Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
48' MTI vs 46' Skater Drag Race/Lake Ozark Shootout! >

48' MTI vs 46' Skater Drag Race/Lake Ozark Shootout!

Notices

48' MTI vs 46' Skater Drag Race/Lake Ozark Shootout!

Old 08-12-2009, 08:06 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Don't think it was ever called Big Foot. It was always raced under Big Thunder Marine. There have been 2 or 3 quad engine packaged 46's he has had built. I think Jimmy Lee raced in one of them. I know he did in the Freedom boat.
Don't count the 46 out. Jimmy & Bob held the lap speed record in KW all the way up to last year. Dave Scott & JT beat it by one mph I think.
Any way you look at it, I think it will be pretty cool.
Any way you look at it, I think it will be pretty cool

OH YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Don't think it was ever called Big Foot. It was always raced under Big Thunder Marine. There have been 2 or 3 quad engine packaged 46's he has had built. I think Jimmy Lee raced in one of them. I know he did in the Freedom boat.
Don't count the 46 out. Jimmy & Bob held the lap speed record in KW all the way up to last year. Dave Scott & JT beat it by one mph I think.
Any way you look at it, I think it will be pretty cool.
I remember them calling it BigFoot around the Big Thunder "race camp" a few times, but that may have only been a joke or some inside gesture they used for fun. It actually made a lot of sense when you look at the shear size of that SOB!

I think it will be cool too. They are just SUCH big boats that calling it a drag race paints a funny mental picture in my head.

Go Skater!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
I remember them calling it BigFoot around the Big Thunder "race camp" a few times, but that may have only been a joke or some inside gesture they used for fun. It actually made a lot of sense when you look at the shear size of that SOB!

I think it will be cool too. They are just SUCH big boats that calling it a drag race paints a funny mental picture in my head.

Go Skater!
Wonder what the burnout box will look like?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Wonder what the burnout box will look like?
Hahaha, EXACTLY what I was picturing!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this will be a great show regardless. If memory serves me correct, the other quad engine boat that was one of the original Big Thunder boats is "The Recycler" which is a quad boat still and ran in the Shootout the last several years, at least 2 years ago it did for sure. It was written up in Powerboat as a matter of fact. I think its Shootout speed was in the upper 130's. Anyway, if it is a running start, I can't wait to see how much past the 130 number it gets to and maybe they can run both quad boats against each other, I am sure the Onken boys would be more than happy to run the Recycler in this debut!!!! Fun stuff!!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From your past responses to any of my posts, I realize that I've somehow found my way to your bad side?

Your "guess" is correct by technicality, because I definitely missed last year. I was there the previous 6-7 years, but from your much appreciated heads up, last year was clearly the life changing experience, which happens to be the year I decided seeing 205-207mph as a spectator, just wasn't that surprising anymore (see: human nature), even though that's just INCREDIBLE on a one mile course!

So, as neato as it is that you MC the event, try to not rudely put yourself in the way of the fans that have objective opinions... or aka: the ones that don't "work" for the event, but actually participate. Sorry to have somehow upset you, but I have never had any intention, or even awareness of anything you have ever even said indicating your distaste for me. My bad?

Blee, your right in that I shouldn't have worded it that way, I'm sorry it isn't a personal thing with you at all.

A lot if miss information gets posted on here about boats, events, people, vendors and so on and people treat it as if it were the gospel truth. My intent was to correct that part of the post that wasn't accurate concerning the start and I should have left my smart a s s side out of it.

As far as opinions and ideas, continue to fire away with them, I know the organizers are always receptive to them both from participants and spectators point of view. I believe on one or more message boards after last years event input was solicited from the organizers. Without the participation from either side the event doesn't exist. Hence the new rolling starts last year, the "drag" set up this year, the dock set aside for spectator parking at CR's this year, the water Taxi to the Celebration this year and many more are all ideas in the last year to make the event better for all.

So, again, sorry, rude remark, it wasn't warranted and I hope you attend and participate in the event in the future.

On a positive note, a new participant PM'ed me about our posts about how the start was done and he was able to get over to youtube to see the video shot from the start line last year to see how it is all done.

Thanks to Keytime for finding the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kYXQMvtR-o

Last edited by Von Bongo; 08-12-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Blee, your right in that I shouldn't have worded it that way, I'm sorry it isn't a personal thing with you at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kYXQMvtR-o
Cool man, no problem! You just hit me off guard, and I wasn't sure how I got off track with you!

I'm pumped as hell about the Shootout this year!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You just hit me off guard,I'm pumped
I was hit off guard that someone actually reads what I write!!!!

Can't wait for the event either. See ya in 2 weeks.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hammer01
I think this will be a great show regardless. If memory serves me correct, the other quad engine boat that was one of the original Big Thunder boats is "The Recycler" which is a quad boat still and ran in the Shootout the last several years, at least 2 years ago it did for sure. It was written up in Powerboat as a matter of fact. I think its Shootout speed was in the upper 130's. Anyway, if it is a running start, I can't wait to see how much past the 130 number it gets to and maybe they can run both quad boats against each other, I am sure the Onken boys would be more than happy to run the Recycler in this debut!!!! Fun stuff!!!!
The current Recycler boat is not the boat Bob Morgan owns now.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 217 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Be interesting to see how far back they move the spectator fleet this year. The course isn't widest thing anyway.
Kind of what I was thinking too.

I can't image 2 boats of that caliber going down
the exsisting course together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.