Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Nortech Parts and Service A++++++++++++! >

Nortech Parts and Service A++++++++++++!

Notices

Old 08-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to thank Nortech for taking care of me at Emerald Coast Poker Run. I broke a bam 1500 dry sump tranny during the run on the way to the 3rd card stop. We came back in and started making phone calls. Eddie Young called Terry Sobo and Terry called Jon Maas who is General Manager of Service. Jon went to one of their trucks and got the spare 1500 Cyborg that they had and brought it to us. This was all going on while everyone else was going to the party after the run. We are down here on vacation for the week after the run, so we are back up and running to enjoy the rest of the week.

I also want to thank ZXXXDonzi who helped me change the tranny in the parking lot of the Ramada. Couldn't have done it without you bro!

Keep in mind that I do not have a Nortech boat. I have an Outlerlimits. I can tell you where I will be headed if we decide to get a cat.....NORTECH! If the rest of the performance marine business treated customers the way that Jon and Terry at Nortech does....there would be alot of happy boaters out there! Jon even called Monday to check and see if I needed anything else. 1st class operation!!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Thats great to hear.. they helped me out also last year when I had some left over impeller parts in my housings. worked on it for 3 hours and then went to go work on a Fountains motors that were not running right. Good guys, great company.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Last year I was at Emerald Coast in my friends Sonic and we had a problem. Bob and one of his helpers worked on that boat for the majority of the day trying to get us back in the run. Nor-Tech has always been a first class operation to me and my friends. Thanks !!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 06:30 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck
Nor-Tech has always been a first class operation to me and my friends. Thanks !!!!
Indeed
Old 08-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

They are a great company. I called Terry and he didn't hesitate to offer up anything they had. You don't see that very often.....unfortunately. Thanks Terry.....I owe you one.
Eddie
Old 08-20-2009, 09:42 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunderusone
I want to thank Nortech for taking care of me at Emerald Coast Poker Run. I broke a bam 1500 dry sump tranny during the run on the way to the 3rd card stop. We came back in and started making phone calls. Eddie Young called Terry Sobo and Terry called Jon Maas who is General Manager of Service. Jon went to one of their trucks and got the spare 1500 Cyborg that they had and brought it to us. This was all going on while everyone else was going to the party after the run. We are down here on vacation for the week after the run, so we are back up and running to enjoy the rest of the week.

I also want to thank ZXXXDonzi who helped me change the tranny in the parking lot of the Ramada. Couldn't have done it without you bro!

Keep in mind that I do not have a Nortech boat. I have an Outlerlimits. I can tell you where I will be headed if we decide to get a cat.....NORTECH! If the rest of the performance marine business treated customers the way that Jon and Terry at Nortech does....there would be alot of happy boaters out there! Jon even called Monday to check and see if I needed anything else. 1st class operation!!
I am sure that they were just trying to expedite your departure

Congratulations on the new ride, what did you do with the Thunder?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Registered

Thats awesome to hear! It is nice to know that there are 1st class companies that are not about there own product but the boating industry as a whole!! I wish there were many more like them.. It is companies like Nor-tech that will keep the economy flowing and last through these hard times!!
Old 08-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Wobble
I am sure that they were just trying to expedite your departure

Congratulations on the new ride, what did you do with the Thunder?
Thanks Mark, Thunder is waiting on you to come pic her up. I just came back in from the gulf this morning in the OL. I must say....I miss the ole girl. Dont get me wrong....the ol with #6's is badass....but this is the first time I have been to the gulf since 1995 without Thunder. I feel like im cheating on her. Just as i finished the complete resto....I bought the ol.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Young Performance
They are a great company. I called Terry and he didn't hesitate to offer up anything they had. You don't see that very often.....unfortunately. Thanks Terry.....I owe you one.
Eddie
Thanks for your help too brother!
Old 08-20-2009, 02:05 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Thanks Mark, Thunder is waiting on you to come pic her up. I just came back in from the gulf this morning in the OL. I must say....I miss the ole girl. Dont get me wrong....the ol with #6's is badass....but this is the first time I have been to the gulf since 1995 without Thunder. I feel like im cheating on her. Just as i finished the complete resto....I bought the ol.
The beating we took Sunday in the bay had me thinking about a bigger boat. But then I'd have to find even bigger seas to take the same beating

I assume you have some pictures of the OL posted, where are they and what power.

Last edited by Wobble; 08-20-2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: typo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.