Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looks Like i am Ready to Splash the Skater! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21492-looks-like-i-am-ready-splash-skater.html)

Shane 04-03-2002 06:14 AM

Looks Like i am Ready to Splash the Skater!

Well, I finished the last of the work last night. I want to take a moment to say thank you to Hot Boat for all of his help this spring on the boat. I also want to thank my wife for spending a few hours out in the garage helping me as well. All I have left is to fire it up and then change the plugs. But they are outboards so its easy work! Can't wait to use it. It's gonna be cold again though!:mad: They are talkin' SNOW here on Friday! Man I wanted the white gold for 6 months but now it's SPRING!:mad: :eek:

laster 04-03-2002 07:50 AM

Well it's good to hear that YOU are ready. i just pulled my boat out of winter storage. Now I need to get an appointment with Jason. Could be a small snag as he doesn't have Saturday hours yet. I will let you know what we work out. Maybe I'll get a ride in the Skater when I drop off my boat [hint, hint].:D :D

Shane 04-03-2002 08:16 AM

Laster,

You can get a ride in the Skater anytime my man!

Troutly,
Weird weather as of late huh?

skatermike24 04-03-2002 08:19 AM

I thought you meant SPLASH as in copy, I was gonna let you have it with both barrels, anyway hook that thing up to the car and head south, I'll show you around town!!!:cool:

Shane 04-03-2002 08:24 AM

Thanks Mike,

Can't this weekend, haulin' Hot Boats ride to New Jersey for him. LOOONNNGGGGG ride down and back in one day. Remember he was driving in teh snow storm with cruise control on and the road moved in front of him and then the guard rail pinstriped his truck? So while the paint dries we have to use my truck. No problem, he helps me out all the time. That's what friends are for right? Remember, if you ever make it north the offer goes for you to up here!

Shane:cool:

skatermike24 04-03-2002 08:28 AM

Thanks buddy, but its to dam cold up there for me, I left New Jersey 8 years ago, the only direction I want to go is further south.:D Have a safe trip!

Hot Boat 04-03-2002 08:42 AM

I take it that you got the bezels on. :D All you need now is for me to finish the Skater logo in the hatch. don't worry I will have it done tomorrow night. What time will you be here on Friday????

BODYSHOT1 04-03-2002 08:45 AM

Shane,

Sounds like you've got a good jump on the season! Hope to you at SkaterFest!

Audiofn 04-03-2002 08:51 AM

Stop your *****in, put on your snow mobile suit, your helmet and your gloves and go run that thing!!!!! :D:D Just think about how much more power you will have when you run in the cold. It could be worth a extra 5-10mph!!! :D:D:D

Shane 04-03-2002 08:58 AM

Bodyshot,
I will definitely be at Skaterfest. See ya there.

Audiofn,
I was actually talkin to a buddy of mine about that today, but then they run lean, and well you know the the rest of the story. 40 degrees farenheit and motors desiugned to run at 80 usually doesn't bode well longevity.:rolleyes: