Notices

Finally got our new ride!

Old 08-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally got our new ride!

For those of you who dont already know...

Just picked up our 1988 22 Donzi Classic Testarossa...So rare. Not many left..So glad we found one. . Now onto the bigger boat.

We are still in Michigan....Wow what a drive 12 plus hours....Here are a few pics before we get her back and begin our list of things to do ....Jay wants to already start to work his majic with speed of course..among other things ...

Stay tuned..Kristin
Attached Thumbnails Finally got our new ride!-dsc06464.jpg   Finally got our new ride!-dsc06466.jpg   Finally got our new ride!-dsc06471.jpg  

Finally got our new ride!-dsc06472.jpg   Finally got our new ride!-dsc06473.jpg  
Old 08-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Commercial Member

A few more pics before we do our upgrades... k
Attached Thumbnails Finally got our new ride!-dsc06478.jpg   Finally got our new ride!-dsc06497.jpg   Finally got our new ride!-dsc06490.jpg  

Finally got our new ride!-dsc06492.jpg   Finally got our new ride!-dsc06469.jpg  
Old 08-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Registered

Nice, whatcha got under the hood?
Old 08-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool little boat.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Sweet little ride Keep us updated on the restore.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Commercial Member

Thanks guys.. I will keep ya all posted with what we do to her. Currently it has its stock 454Mag carb set up & a B1.. Jamie / Lakeside
Old 08-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you sell your 27 28 donzi??, love the all red reminds me of the fountain 33 10 meter or 40 12 meter all red with tan seats. my boat might end up like that or the next hull I buy.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Commercial Member

Yes, We had a 26zx. We had gotten rid of that back about the turn of the year. Actually we had that for while by our normal ownership routine.. We for a while were going thru about 1- 2 a year.. The same went for our cars for a bit too.. My wife's attention span for these things had been a bit screwy for a while.. lol.. Wasnt all bad tho as you can get to have some nice experiences doing that & enjoy different things.

Anywhoo...
We wanted something bigger yet, and still also have a fast boat. We also wanted to have a smaller boat like a classic again too. This way we kind of would have the best of both worlds..

We will probably also still get another bigger boat yet as well. We would like to have something for very large water that we can stay on for short periods of time. However we found the cool smaller boat first that fit our smaller boat needs..

I just hope she (the wife) can let me have a few months breathing time before she finds the right fit again for the bigger boat.. lol Wonder what it's going to be, Cruiser, sport cruiser, Go fast??? I guess time will tell.. lol J
Old 08-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great looking boat. I've always loved that hull. What's the plan?
Old 08-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Commercial Member

Thanks. Nothing really wrong with it currently, but the current plan is some cosmetic stuff, as well as some engine/drive upgrades and performance work this fall/winter. I also plan to do some stuff with the trailer.. As far as a descript list, I am not sure how far I will be going on it, but I will be posting as I go. I do already have in our shop a new style heavier Bravo unit & transom assembly that I will be upgrading to, as well as a Hydraulic steering set up. To start with. Jamie / Lakeside

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.