What works best to remove ring around around boat from river >

What works best to remove ring around around boat from river

Notices

What works best to remove ring around around boat from river

Old 08-18-2009, 01:06 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Sno Bowl if its not to bad. If it gets bad just use some muratic acid in a pump garden sprayer.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:48 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Remember to wet your trailer with water first. I have to use a brush sometimes to get all of the stain out. Sno Bowl is what I use.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:06 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On/Off is an acid - the more you use it the more your boat will tend to yellow. That is because On/Off eats into the Gelcoat.

Look for a product called Ringo at a pool store. No fumes, No acid and you came apply with your hands. It will not damage your gel - best "secret" product I have ever found!!!!

Ringo is a thick red gel - and works great!

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron

Last edited by BillR; 08-18-2009 at 06:10 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BillR
On/Off is an acid - the more you use it the more your boat will tend to yellow. That is because On/Off eats into the Gelcoat.

Look for a product called Ringo at a pool store. No fumes, No acid and you came apply with your hands. It will not damage your gel - best "secret" product I have ever found!!!!

Ringo is a thick red gel - and works great!

Ringo is better..but read the ingredients... Acid and gelcoat do not mix well over the long haul.. Yes, a quick fix, and even after waxing with a carnauba based product like someone mentioned above... the yellowing will come back. Gelcoat must be neutralized first. Use a good salt/soap remover and then followed up with the Leverage polymer sealer which has the longest lasting results.

http://www.topnotchperformancemarine...home.php?cat=2

The fiberglass soap and salt deposit remover can also be used in flushing your motors out guys, thats also what we designed it for. Remember one cap from the 32OZ bottle is all that is needed to clean a 32' boat. Extremely cost effective, Very low suds, and then leaves a clean shiny protected surface. The polish the majority of you on here know how it works. Thanks Jeff
Old 08-18-2009, 07:30 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Imron. DuPont makes it. Sand, prep, spray it on, buff - Done. Just towel it off each time you come out.

To be constructive: We found Star-Brite Hull Cleaner to be both more way effective and far less harsh than On/Off. It still strips the wax, though - hence the Imron treatment, which solved the problem.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
What works the best to remove yellow ring aroundthe wTerline on my boat fromthe Ohio river? I got most all of it off but still a hint of yellow in some places.... Boat is white....
Were you up around Coney island Sunday afternoon ?
Old 08-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
After you get it off using those recommendations above, wax it with Collinite Heavy Duty Paste Fleet Wax No. 885. I started using it this year (4th year boating on the Mississippi River) and it is the best I have used yet. Lasts by far the longest and really helps prevent staining.
That is true I have found the same thing I use bushing wax for electrical transformers. Also slimy Grimey is biodegradable if you are worried about stuff like that
Old 08-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

I had a suggestion put forth to me the other day while anchored out with some buddies of mine.

One of the guys put Silicon spray on their dinghy to ward this off and had great results.

Has anyone ever tried this??
Old 08-18-2009, 10:19 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What works best to remove ring around around boat from river?

Wife
Old 08-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
Wife
Don't forget to stock up on an adequate amount of beer so your throat does not get to dry as you point out the spots she missed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.