Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I try not to laugh at classifieds but.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/215428-i-try-not-laugh-classifieds-but.html)

Cash Bar 08-21-2009 09:30 PM

I try not to laugh at classifieds but....

Seriously, step away from the pipe please. Drugs are BAD !!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o30527-en.html

:lolhit:

Sorry if it's your but check the comps.

Carguy08 08-21-2009 10:00 PM

Deleted my response

Catmando 08-22-2009 12:52 AM

What's your beef??

Zoomnfun 08-22-2009 05:33 AM

yawn

walterGT67 08-22-2009 05:38 AM

thanks for the post...:evilb:

drypipetiger 08-22-2009 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 2936988)
Seriously, step away from the pipe please. Drugs are BAD !!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o30527-en.html

:lolhit:

The first place I visit always when I log on is the classifieds. Before seeing your thread I was thinking that price was a bit on the high side.

Unless it's a cruiser if the year begins with 19 good luck getting over 100K for a boat at this point.

Dredgeking 08-22-2009 06:16 AM

That ad is 10 times better than the ****tards that can't put the year, or make, or length of the boat in the title.

ie. One of a kind, "SACRED GROUND", 27 speedster (at least they got the length in there), Hammerhead, cleanest 42' on market (again, at least they got the length),

WTF kind of titles for an ad are those? One of a kind what?

Dredgeking 08-22-2009 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 2936988)

That might be his payoff.:snide: You know there were a lot of bad boat loans just like there were bad home loans. People often financed more than the boat was worth since financing was so soft.

HTRDLNCN 08-22-2009 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Dredgeking (Post 2937089)
That might be his payoff.:snide: You know there were a lot of bad boat loans just like there were bad home loans. People often financed more than the boat was worth since financing was so soft.

Yup,there is already a thread on here (repo boats) commenting on just that.
People who owe 2-3x what the boats worth cause they did retarded
financing just so they could get a boat+trailer+truck they could not really afford.
Plus the guys that maxed out there credit cards hopping up boats they still owed money on that are now thinking their boat is worth x amount becuase they spent way more on it than boat will ever be worth.
Probably same people who gave all sorts of excuses how much better it was to finance than actually just buy something they could actually afford. Same with houses,cars,etc.. It isnt over yet by a long shot either.

jayhawk261 08-22-2009 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN (Post 2937099)
Yup,there is already a thread on here (repo boats) commenting on just that.
People who owe 2-3x what the boats worth cause they did retarded
financing just so they could get a boat+trailer+truck they could not really afford.
Plus the guys that maxed out there credit cards hopping up boats they still owed money on that are now thinking their boat is worth x amount becuase they spent way more on it than boat will ever be worth.
Probably same people who gave all sorts of excuses how much better it was to finance than actually just buy something they could actually afford. Same with houses,cars,etc.. It isnt over yet by a long shot either.

You know that just because someone is having trouble doesn't mean that it was a bad boat loan. Many self employed people that made good money and had NO problem paying their bills have been put out of business simply by the promises of the current administration to tax small businesses into oblivion. The new construction industry is on it's butt for exactly that reason. You don't know what this guy's situation is and you're speculating on things you know nothing about.

It isn't my boat, but I have been a self employed consulting engineer for many years. The absolute lack of new construction due to the current policies in this country have made all of my clients pull back from the amount of business they used to outsource. I am living and making it, but it is much harder than it used to be.

I'm not saying this is the case for the seller, but you have no idea what the case is either. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt before calling him out on buying stuff he can't afford. Until you've walked a mile in his shoes so they say...

Smarty 08-22-2009 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by jayhawk261 (Post 2937178)
You know that just because someone is having trouble doesn't mean that it was a bad boat loan. Many self employed people that made good money and had NO problem paying their bills have been put out of business simply by the promises of the current administration to tax small businesses into oblivion. The new construction industry is on it's butt for exactly that reason. You don't know what this guy's situation is and you're speculating on things you know nothing about.

It isn't my boat, but I have been a self employed consulting engineer for many years. The absolute lack of new construction due to the current policies in this country have made all of my clients pull back from the amount of business they used to outsource. I am living and making it, but it is much harder than it used to be.

I'm not saying this is the case for the seller, but you have no idea what the case is either. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt before calling him out on buying stuff he can't afford. Until you've walked a mile in his shoes so they say...

Well put.

I have a 34' Phantom for sale (for my mother, it is her boat due to the death of my father), which is owned outright, and I do realize the asking price is high but what was put ($$$$$) into that boat exceeds the asking price. But that is what she wants for the Phantom, and it is a starting point. Maybe the boat won't sell, no big deal. Then we keep it. I love the boat, I love boating. I will reduce the asking price sometime, just not today. And maybe by then if it doesn't sell to someone outside of our immediate family then I will be able to afford to buy it, just not for $92,000. I just cannot afford it right now, but maybe soon:party-smiley-048:

PWRQWST 08-22-2009 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Dredgeking (Post 2937089)

No it states that the owner ownes it free and clear at the bottom of the add.

Now that being said I have a 99 38' Powerquest w/525sc's as well freshened uppers equipt the same other then I also have 12" boxes on it. I am willing to sell mine for just 90,000.00 oh ya and it comes with the trailer.

I wish him luck but he seems REAL high prices to me. Or am I real low? hmmmm

Rich.

apppedigree 08-22-2009 11:22 AM

Who gives a chit. He paid for an ad, he put what he wanted.

It might be ridiculous but that is obviously what he paid for and wanted to list.

smokin' joe 08-22-2009 12:04 PM

When your wife tells you it's time to sell the boat, you say "Sure Honey, let's advertise the boat at a price it should sell". (NOT) Fast forward two years, "Honey, in today's market, you just can't give these boats away". Oh well...:op:

BLee 08-22-2009 01:09 PM

I can't believe they didn't put more details in the ad....?

:party-smiley-048:

Strip Poker 388 08-22-2009 01:19 PM

engines look clean!!:drink:

HotPursuit 08-22-2009 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by apppedigree (Post 2937249)
Who gives a chit. He paid for an ad, he put what he wanted.

It might be ridiculous but that is obviously what he paid for and wanted to list.

I agree!!! Also coming from a someone that hasn't owned a boat since I been on this site.. I dont think there that far out of line to start such a negitive thread!!
Now Cash purchase a boat :drink:

glassdave 08-22-2009 03:22 PM

Ray bought it new in 99, it was on the same showroom floor as the 38 i have. It's a great boat i did some touch up and warrenty work for him while it was back at the dealership several tears ago. It was very well kept las i saw it.

Cash Bar 08-22-2009 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by HotPursuit (Post 2937344)
I agree!!! Also coming from a someone that hasn't owned a boat since I been on this site.. I dont think there that far out of line to start such a negitive thread!!
Now Cash purchase a boat :drink:

I had a nice TopGun when you joined. I may not have had a boat, but I have had the boat payment. Do we need to rehash the National Marine Saga?

And that is overpriced. If any of you want to pay above $150k I will personally call the seller and take him to dinner. In fact, if any of you give him more tha 100k I'll do it.

:coolcowboy:

GLH 08-23-2009 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 2937372)
...$150k I will personally call the seller and take him to dinner. In fact, if any of you give him more tha 100k I'll do it...

Looking for a date still Cash? :D

Panther 08-23-2009 09:45 AM

list price is just that... if someone likes it I would call regardless.

there's lots of boats listed, expecially certain brands that are way too high but if I really liked it and was ready to buy I would make a call.. My boat was listed for about $55K than I bought it for and that was in a good market...

money talks as they say..

TEAMBAJA 08-23-2009 11:03 AM

At least its written up better than most. You can always go down on price, but you cant go up.

ApachePete 08-23-2009 04:33 PM

Be VERY lucky to get half of what he's asking.

Tampa38 08-23-2009 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 2937372)
I had a nice TopGun when you joined. I may not have had a boat, but I have had the boat payment. Do we need to rehash the National Marine Saga?

And that is overpriced. If any of you want to pay above $150k I will personally call the seller and take him to dinner. In fact, if any of you give him more tha 100k I'll do it.

:coolcowboy:

Cash,

Send me an email [email protected], let me know how things are going on your side of this fine state.

Rick

Donzi38ZXXX 08-23-2009 07:19 PM

Sounds like cash bar is looking to buy a 38zx but does not want to pay for it!

bmanafort 08-23-2009 07:30 PM

The price he is asking would discourage me from even calling on it. Just my 2 cents.

Cash Bar 08-23-2009 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZXXX (Post 2937878)
Sounds like cash bar is looking to buy a 38zx but does not want to pay for it!

4 step 38 ZRC maybe, but not a bathtub like an older style 38.

Donzi38ZXXX 08-23-2009 08:31 PM

(CASH BAR)

:Whatever: DREAMER

Mike A. 08-23-2009 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by bmanafort (Post 2937888)
The price he is asking would discourage me from even calling on it. Just my 2 cents.

Hey bmanafort, no need to say such things. We know your type here. Just stirring @#$!@#$!#2 up for this poor guy trying to sell his boat.:lolhit: You have to admit you deserved that...and that it was funny.:evilb:

jswfl09 08-24-2009 12:07 AM

Well, reality is reality whether one chooses to accept it or not.

Either way, best of luck to the seller!

bmanafort 08-24-2009 06:20 AM

I might deserve that.

Cash Bar 08-24-2009 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZXXX (Post 2937940)
(CASH BAR)

:Whatever: DREAMER

It's okay. I would defend my brothers too if I had that model.

Wildman_grafix 08-24-2009 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 2938423)
It's okay. I would defend my brothers too if I had that model.

Depends on how you want to use it, my wife would love the added room, head, etc.
I always liked that model myself.