Notices

Hot Boat Weekend At Hardy

Old 08-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DETDIA
We are looking to bring the boat out on Saturday if I can find a better boat launch. What other boat launches are there besides brower. Last year I scraped up the back drive guard with the curb and boulders at the end of the big launch at brower. Some of these 36' + boats must be launching somewhere else.
Yeah! you guys had a heck of a time last year! I think the drive guards are little low, it looked like the trailer was coming off the end of the cement then digging the drive guard in to the gravel. Likely because of people who power load.

My buddy always has problems taking his 38 cougar out so last year we yanked it at the small launch at the other end of brower. I think it is much nicer! (even though it does not look like it) It does/did not have a drop off at the end of the cement.

Great purchase on the boat last year! It looks great!
Old 08-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Registered

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by DETDIA
We are looking to bring the boat out on Saturday if I can find a better boat launch. What other boat launches are there besides brower. Last year I scraped up the back drive guard with the curb and boulders at the end of the big launch at brower. Some of these 36' + boats must be launching somewhere else.
I toured all so-called ramps this past weekend on a poontoon, from River Ridge to Hardy. I too am looking for a place to launch a 32'. IMHO they are all terrible. The nicest is the River Ridge, but there is not enough room to easily align a triple axle for launching. At River Ridge, the back axle of the poontoon trailer dropped off the cement!!! Had to put her 4x4 just to pullout a 500lbs poontoon trailer up over the end of the cement pad.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SunsationalMate
I toured all so-called ramps this past weekend on a poontoon, from River Ridge to Hardy. I too am looking for a place to launch a 32'. IMHO they are all terrible. The nicest is the River Ridge, but there is not enough room to easily align a triple axle for launching. At River Ridge, the back axle of the poontoon trailer dropped off the cement!!! Had to put her 4x4 just to pullout a 500lbs poontoon trailer up over the end of the cement pad.
There are 3 32 Dominators that launch at Brower Park....Dominator Scott....Pure Profit and Magic Medicine. Also there were at least 3 38 Top Guns that launched there last year. I do not have any problems with my 288 Sunny.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Registered

DETDIA,

You could also check out Oxbow. Other larger boats have used it but the turn around is very very tight.

http://www.oxbowpark.net/oxbow.html

I think your best bet is give the other launch at brower a chance. I think it will be fine...If you need a hand let us know! We are at sites 131,132,133. Or hanging by the boat. (black/white checkered advantage)
Old 08-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HI jeff oxbow is your best bet that is where they put in most of the big house boats at
Old 08-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Registered

Question

Originally Posted by OUTLAW24
There are 3 32 Dominators that launch at Brower Park....Dominator Scott....Pure Profit and Magic Medicine. Also there were at least 3 38 Top Guns that launched there last year. I do not have any problems with my 288 Sunny.
Which Brower's launch is used, the one just into the cul-de-sac on the northwest corner?

I poontooned into that cul-de-sac from the River until depth was 3' and solid green with gnarly weeds; I missed the other launch at Brower's.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SunsationalMate
Which Brower's launch is used, the one just into the cul-de-sac on the northwest corner?

I poontooned into that cul-de-sac from the River until depth was 3' and solid green with gnarly weeds; I missed the other launch at Brower's.

It would be the two boat launch near the new bathrooms.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Come on there has to be more of you then this.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:47 AM
Registered

I have no issues launching my dominator at the launch by the new bathrooms
Old 09-01-2009, 06:33 AM
Registered

ANDY !!! How the hell are ya ?? We will be there, well at least I will be there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.