Notices

Hot Boat Weekend At Hardy

Old 09-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 798 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by SunsationalMate
I toured all so-called ramps this past weekend on a poontoon, from River Ridge to Hardy. I too am looking for a place to launch a 32'. IMHO they are all terrible. The nicest is the River Ridge, but there is not enough room to easily align a triple axle for launching. At River Ridge, the back axle of the poontoon trailer dropped off the cement!!! Had to put her 4x4 just to pullout a 500lbs poontoon trailer up over the end of the cement pad.
I have seen 42 ft fountains and 46 ft black thunders,I think they launch at oxbow,Smitty
Old 09-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the replies about the boat launches. After hearing about Oxbow I called them and that seems to be the place to launch my boat. Having the outdrive guard on the Skater trailers making it 40FT long on a 32 foot boat has required me to research a lot of boat launches before just launching. Many launches are long enough for the boat length, but not long enough for the trailer. The weather is looking much better so you should see us out there Saturday morning.

Last edited by DETDIA; 09-09-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you get there early enough to get a camping spot, you can do the grill thing. You do have to have something besides a car on the camp site. I pitch a $20 tent, then pull the boat out and park it on the site and sleep in it. The beach is usually pretty full. And they dont like you to sleep in the boat on the beach.. But that changes from year to year.
There is a day permit and a launch permit per day.. $25 or so I think covers it.. ??

Unfortunately, I dont think I will make it this year. I am close to dyno with my motor and dont want to lose time. Hoping to get it running before the water gets hard..

So Dennis, take pics and let me know how it all goes..

Dick
Old 09-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will do that for you dick.maybe a couple videos also.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:01 PM
VIP Member

Unfortunately I have no extra funds to use to attend.

Dick, If you want to have some fun, come join us on Oct 4th for what we call "The River Shiver" It is a sunday event but ends early enough for you to get back home at night. You can stay by me on Sat night. Let me know.

Smitty
Old 09-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by dbkski
I've never been to this event or the lake and hope a few
silly questions can be answered. I don't have a tent or a
camper so we want to sleep on the boat. Can we beach
or anchor at the Brower Park shore overnight? Is there a
restaurant around open for breakfast? Can we grill on the
beach at the park? If there are fees for stickers or permits
we will certainly get them. Thanks in advance.
You aren't allowed to stay on your boat at brower park but it does happen.
There are no restaurants on the water. You can grill near the boat basin at brower park.
AND THE VERY MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMIND PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN TO HOT BOAT-DO NOT BRING YOUR DOGS TO BROWER PARK,THEY WILL NOT LET YOU IN.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We will be there around lunch time thursday,our boat is a slightly modified 2000 baja 272 named "never enough _____? If you see us, flag us down,Smitty
Old 09-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Registered

I will be there Saturday morning with the Dominator in tow and launching at Brower as usual. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SunsationalMate
I toured all so-called ramps this past weekend on a poontoon, from River Ridge to Hardy. I too am looking for a place to launch a 32'. IMHO they are all terrible. The nicest is the River Ridge, but there is not enough room to easily align a triple axle for launching. At River Ridge, the back axle of the poontoon trailer dropped off the cement!!! Had to put her 4x4 just to pullout a 500lbs poontoon trailer up over the end of the cement pad.

You can launch your 32 at Brower without a problem. I have launched my Dominator there for years and NEVER had any issues.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:36 PM

I will be there early Friday morning. Got stuck going to Nashville TN.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.