Fountain Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy >

Fountain Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Notices

Fountain Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Old 08-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker
Why? Powertrain is Mercury and I've never had a warranty issue after owning 4 of them.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Registered

While this could be bad for everyone who already owns a Fountain, it could also be a great opportunity for those looking to buy a Fountain. Back before summer got underway, Magic Powerboats filed for chapter 11 also. They did not emerge from chapter 11 with a viable plan, so there inventory of hulls (no motors) was sent to a liquidator and they were let go (and still are liquidating them www.LBYS.com) on the cheap. My brother and I picked up a brand new 28' ft deckboat hull for $36,000. After fitting it with a 525 EFI and XR drive, the total came out to just about $80-85k with carpet kit and bimini. If things go right/wrong for Fountain, the same kind of deals can/might be able to be had. Now, Magic has been purchased by Cougar and they are nearing there re-entry into the business, if not already back.
While I know it sounds bad to current Fountain owners, it might be good news to some others out there....

I'm just sayin...
Old 08-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Registered

I doubt that Fountain will be liquidated. Its not a trivial operation like, say, Magic. Its been building 500 boats a year for a long time. There isn't much debt, surprisingly, and there are a lot of real assets. Probably "just" ran out of cash.

11 allows continuing operations while holding off creditors. Might be enough to make it to the Miami Boat Show.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wonder how cigarette is doing?
Old 08-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by carcrash

11 allows continuing operations while holding off creditors. Might be enough to make it to the Miami Boat Show.
How much time does a chapter 11 buy them? Im not sure how it all works.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:26 PM
VIP Member

My guess is they filed for protection while they restructure some things and get leaner than ever. Fountain will not go away.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Smitty
My guess is they filed for protection while they restructure some things and get leaner than ever. Fountain will not go away.

while under 11, they reorganize there dept, kinda like putting on hold,they will still owe the Dept's, it will be rationed out .If it goes to 7 your pretty much screwed,then ya try to get the judge to abandon it so you can atlest get something.

I really believe that they can pull tru.I bet Reggie want give up.Best of luck to them'
Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by carcrash
I doubt that Fountain will be liquidated. Its not a trivial operation like, say, Magic. Its been building 500 boats a year for a long time. There isn't much debt, surprisingly, and there are a lot of real assets. Probably "just" ran out of cash.

According to one artical their assets were only 50K and their Liabilities are between 10 and 50 million. That is not a good balance sheet no matter how you cut it.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Registered

I hope the scum bag "reggie" goes broke.......anyone who will undercut their dealers with new purchases is a chump in my book.........
Old 08-24-2009, 06:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbam
Crap - they owe me money
COD only from now on for them Marc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.