Fountain Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy >

Fountain Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Notices

Fountain Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Old 08-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
They will combine Foutain, Baja, & Checkmate.

The new company will be Beckmountain or Beakmate.

(Note to Purple Hornet aka Big Red or whatever name you go by: This was posted for fun purposes only. No need to post it on the other board as a fact)
Okay captain, I will make a note and inform Big Red with your instructions. Do you still have any left over shopping carts. I will be passing by your way thursday and really could use one.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Interesting but missing the big picture

Very interesting to read all the comments and speculation. There is alot being said by alot whom do not know what they are talking about. The brand is not going away and the brand will not be moving. I would bet you will hear very positive news within 10 days. It's not going in to this that will make as much of a difference as how they come out of it. The numbers and speculation on here are so far fetched. Whether you like Fountain/Reggie or not you need to respect him for what he has done including stimulating a tough industry at the right time. Reggie has owned and operated this company for 30 years without other owners or a BK which cannot be said for any other true high performance boat company that I am aware of. Cigarette has never died and many have run it into the ground. Now Cigarette is stronger than ever because Skip Braver is a helluva a business person. Competition is good and we need it today and in the future.

Lets just say if you do your due diligence, make contact with the bank, you will really see what is there and what you can buy and how much it will cost.

Brunswick does not own Baja and to be honest with you, Baja sales are slower than that of the bigger boats due to the way our economy has affected that demographic first and it has yet to recover but it will.

The changes Reggie has made to Baja are for the better of the brand and more value to the consumer. He took something good and made it better but picked about the worst possible time to do it.

Our industry will never see what it has seen in the past in terms of sales because of bank financing changes and only one major floor plan company left that could up root and leave at any time.

From a dealer standpoint business is not as difficult as the people making it difficult and it will be interesting to see how many players are in the game in 18 months, my guess, less than 5. We are told everyday by board members and other that they are finding it harder and harder to find a dealer that can take a trade. I really believe that the days of stocking alot of boats is near and getting banks to borrow money to dealers and consumers is getting smaller.

Lets be positive and not beat this to death but rather hope that Reggie and or the new owners make it not only to sell more Fountains & Baja's but other brands as well.

Stay tuned.

www.teamshogren.com
Old 08-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullhead
No matter how it all turns out and no matter how you feel about Reggie it really sux for the employees..... they have some awesome talent there that have put in a tremendous effort to produce a great product.... hopefully they get through this
Couldn't agree w/ you more BH & Brian Forehand is certainly one of them. First Class!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamShogren
Very interesting to read all the comments and speculation. There is alot being said by alot whom do not know what they are talking about. The brand is not going away and the brand will not be moving. I would bet you will hear very positive news within 10 days. It's not going in to this that will make as much of a difference as how they come out of it. The numbers and speculation on here are so far fetched. Whether you like Fountain/Reggie or not you need to respect him for what he has done including stimulating a tough industry at the right time. Reggie has owned and operated this company for 30 years without other owners or a BK which cannot be said for any other true high performance boat company that I am aware of. Cigarette has never died and many have run it into the ground. Now Cigarette is stronger than ever because Skip Braver is a helluva a business person. Competition is good and we need it today and in the future.

Lets just say if you do your due diligence, make contact with the bank, you will really see what is there and what you can buy and how much it will cost.

Brunswick does not own Baja and to be honest with you, Baja sales are slower than that of the bigger boats due to the way our economy has affected that demographic first and it has yet to recover but it will.

The changes Reggie has made to Baja are for the better of the brand and more value to the consumer. He took something good and made it better but picked about the worst possible time to do it.

Our industry will never see what it has seen in the past in terms of sales because of bank financing changes and only one major floor plan company left that could up root and leave at any time.

From a dealer standpoint business is not as difficult as the people making it difficult and it will be interesting to see how many players are in the game in 18 months, my guess, less than 5. We are told everyday by board members and other that they are finding it harder and harder to find a dealer that can take a trade. I really believe that the days of stocking alot of boats is near and getting banks to borrow money to dealers and consumers is getting smaller.

Lets be positive and not beat this to death but rather hope that Reggie and or the new owners make it not only to sell more Fountains & Baja's but other brands as well.

Stay tuned.

www.teamshogren.com
Very Well Said From A Reliable Source Second Only to Reggie Fountain Himself!

Continued Success Team Shogren!!
Old 08-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PURPLE HORNET
Okay captain, I will make a note and inform Big Red with your instructions. Do you still have any left over shopping carts. I will be passing by your way thursday and really could use one.
Let me know when and where. We really should meet.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PWRQWST
WOW....... Well ok I quess I am an idiot then, and proud of it, but I would rather have bush again then the "O". Dont get me wrong I was not happy with all that Bush did, but Obama is a train wreck.
Maybe if the government can just buy Fountain and Baja it will be like G.M. and Dodge. And then if I am lucky we will get "cash for sinkers" and since boats cost more then cars I can get $45,000.00 for my 1987 Bayliner on trade for my 2010 42 Poker run edition with 700's in it. But I hope they at least put a stipulation that we have to buy from an american company. At least this way we will help support all them since its our (U.S. tax payers) money that we are spending.
This is the funniest and truest post that i have ever read. Easily the best in my short time here.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by db71
I havent read every post but I do not think numbers are being just thrown around they are from the filings themselves. I would think there would be a lot better oppurtunities for someone to spend 10 to 30 million on than a boat company.

No matter what happens people still have to buy new boats and usually that means someone has to finance them. If nobody is financing few people are buying.

I would also assume that if there is a factory direct store and they are in br than they will be selling new boats at firesale prices even assuming a dealer or group of dealers pick them up still have to have customers
I totally agree. Why would someone come in and buy all the current inventory? The banks/lenders are about to own it and liquidate it at some point. Then it comes off the books and then a buyer comes in and purchases the brand (minus inventory).
Old 08-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Registered

too bad, i wish all involved the best. i guess this means we wont see Reggie this weekend at the shootout? i would agree he has done tons for the sport-not just his brand, every time i have spoke with him he has been just as passionate as ever about his product.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Registered

Default Here's some good Info with a video of Reggie discussing the situation at hand.

http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...px?NewsID=3691

Hopefully, they can, in fact, find investors to recapitalize the company, pay vendors and get back to making Great boats!
There is still lots of Private Equity Money out there........and I'm sure Reggie and Wyatt are burning up the phones looking for new partners!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Filtrman
http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...px?NewsID=3691

Hopefully, they can, in fact, find investors to recapitalize the company, pay vendors and get back to making Great boats!
There is still lots of Private Equity Money out there........and I'm sure Reggie and Wyatt are burning up the phones looking for new partners!
...and I'm sure those private equity guys won't mind the $60,000,000 debt on the books....

Mr Fountain won't own Fountain anymore, but I hear he has a really lavish house still, if they do find a partner to bail them out. He will more than likely be an employee of Fountain or the new entity.

Most banks and private equity firms are sweating bullets these days because any more bad deals and they might go under, so I would be surprised to see them reduce the debt load or "cram it down". I'm certain that the brand name will survive, but obviously things have to change dramatically for someone to just come in and "save" the company. If anything, maybe an LBO firm comes in tries to do something with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.