Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy >

Fountain Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Notices

Fountain Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Old 08-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Not to disappoint anyone but Fountain powerboats is not the only the boat builder having problems. The high performance boat business could look like swiss cheese shortly.

You can google info on the internet. Lastly as you may be aware, xyz powerboats is a....................business which in recent months has teetered on insolvency. Most important it is having significant difficulty paying its vendors and secured creditors.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro1
Not to disappoint anyone but Fountain powerboats is not the only the boat builder having problems. The high performance boat business could look like swiss cheese shortly.

You can google info on the internet. Lastly as you may be aware, xyz powerboats is a....................business which in recent months has teetered on insolvency. Most important it is having significant difficulty paying its vendors and secured creditors.
Since bankruptcy filings are public info, post the name of the company. Save us from doing the Google search.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:56 AM
RHC
Registered

Originally Posted by 88Fount33
Point is my boat is disposable, never would think it was worth anything. Didn't buy it because it was "something" It is just a boat, if I found that it was rotten (probably is) and that made it unsafe would not hesitate to send it to the shredder!

I would replace it with a single outboard deck boat that was 3 or 4 years old.

Even though I think that no one would believe me, I could walk into Mr. Braver's shop and walk out with a new model if I so chose and was willing to make payments. But that is just plain crazy and the only way I would buy that was if I could just as easily take all the $$ dump it into a 55 gallon barrel and set it on fire and not affect my standard of living.
Ok, I agree with your thoughts

RHC
Old 08-28-2009, 09:39 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I love the reader's comments on the bottom...... Sounds like OSO.

T2x
Old 08-29-2009, 08:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The funny thing about this issue, is the many people that didn't think Fountain was doing anything wrong. Even in great times, the company had trouble keeping up with their rather intense and flamboyant spending. It should have been apparent to any shareholder, or potential shareholder, that the company would either perish, or simply never accumulate anything to the bottom line. I doubt Fountain could have done better than break even even if sales were 75% of his banner year.

Reggie has a great mansion on the water, and probably some coin stashed away, which is worth more than Fountain ever will be. While he was out in helicopters doing "marketing" videos, a very dumb bank was lending money to fuel the chopper and the boat. His operation of the company was strikingly familiar to the way many operated their personal finances the last several years. And the same result, He want to "get in on it too", meaning bankruptcy and a way out.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard one person or another tell me how great the last several years were, only to whine and get angry because their house went down 50% in value, they can't sell their high-priced mortgaged boat, and someone else made this happen to them. I have a brother like that as well. Played in an annual Republican golf tourney yesterday. And I heard some of the same chit. "It wasn't me", said the businessman that owned a few houses, boats and trucks, and was currently looking for a mortgage package some 50% lower than what it is now. Personal responsibility is a soundbite to these people.

Go back and read the threads about buying Fountain stock, interesting material.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Mike,

Good find! If I get invited down to N.C. for a look see and dinner you can come along.

Peter
I'm down with that Pete! I'll bring my swim trunks!!:
Old 08-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by vtec

The Fountain assets will live on. The trademark is worth some cash. The molds are worth some cash (think of all the R&D in those).

Somebody could get a great deal on these assets.

I think your right vtec but here's an interesting question I will pose:

...........What's Reggie Fountain worth to Fountain Powerboats???

...........How well would that Trademark and those Molds Fare without the MAN involved??

Someone said it earlier.....Love Him or Hate him........ he's Still
had a tremendous impact on our BELOVED industry!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Registered

I heard Bush himself was giving Reggie financial advise, it was Bush's fault! My billionaire friends told me so!

But seriously any new news on this?
Old 09-02-2009, 07:26 AM
Registered

That's funny!!
Old 09-07-2009, 06:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

BUMP

Any updates on how this is working out??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.