Official - Mercury Marine out of FDL >

Official - Mercury Marine out of FDL

Notices

Official - Mercury Marine out of FDL

Old 08-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Official - Mercury Marine out of FDL

While our democrap state gov't didnt't help much - the rank and file apparently believe there are better jobs to be had or can live on 6 months unemployment forever.

http://www.fdlreporter.com/article/2.../90823015/1985
Old 08-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What do you want the government to do, bail out the marine industry? Cash for sinkers maybe? More of our tax dollars down the drain. Let's just get the government out of the economy.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think weve bailed out to many people now, we run a small buisness and could use some help but they would not even think of helping us. the cash for clunkers was the worse thing for the economy , 2billion dollars all that did is put someone in a new car that in 6months most likely will get repoed, there are other ways to get the economy to improve,the first thing is to quit listening to all the gloomy new about how bad it is, spend your money like you did, by that boat,car,etc that youve been wanting. the more put in the economy the more revenue the gov will have.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman
i think weve bailed out to many people now, we run a small buisness and could use some help but they would not even think of helping us. the cash for clunkers was the worse thing for the economy , 2billion dollars all that did is put someone in a new car that in 6months most likely will get repoed, there are other ways to get the economy to improve,the first thing is to quit listening to all the gloomy new about how bad it is, spend your money like you did, by that boat,car,etc that youve been wanting. the more put in the economy the more revenue the gov will have.

most of our customers that took advantage of the cash for clunkers were not bad credit customers at all. In fact, it was just the opposite. I was surprised. Before the program started, I would have agreed with you.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Registered

Bigger facility in Stillwater...works for me!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I want gov't out of our personal affairs, period. If you want to know why I am harsh on our democrap state gov't, google all the fine things Gov. Jim Doyle has done including buying a $47M train from Spain without competitive bids for a track system that is not even built.

Oh yeh, he took 100% of the fed stimulus funds and applied to WI state's budget deficit that his programs created.

WI is in the top 5 states in the country losing jobs, but this is about the rank and files's decision.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mcraymond3
most of our customers that took advantage of the cash for clunkers were not bad credit customers at all. In fact, it was just the opposite. I was surprised. Before the program started, I would have agreed with you.
We'll see how it works for them in 6 months to a year. My guess is about a 1/4 or more won't be able to keep up on the payments.

I hope I am wrong and that the media has just brainwashed me and things really are better then "they" keep telling me that they are.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bowtie
What do you want the government to do, bail out the marine industry? Cash for sinkers maybe? More of our tax dollars down the drain. Let's just get the government out of the economy.
How about starting with the same tax incentives that I am sure that OK is giving Mercury to move. There are lots of ways the government can help without being directly involved. Wisconsin's taxes are out of control, I am sure this is one of the major reasons, along with the union problems that Mercury is leaving. You can only squeeze so much and for so long before other opportunities open up. Remember when they move they will modernize the facilities and infrastructure of the new plants and will be way more profitable by moving.

Last edited by gerritm; 08-24-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Its interesting they werent askng for wage concession on existing employees just a wage freeze and a lower base for new hires.
Quite a few including my office and shop have taken pay cuts to keep employement full but we are not union.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Registered

government will not step in. boats are a luxury item. (most of the time i unless your a charter/fishing operator)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.