Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Switching from State Farm to Gieco Insurance? >

Switching from State Farm to Gieco Insurance?

Notices

Switching from State Farm to Gieco Insurance?

Old 08-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switching from State Farm to Gieco Insurance?

I just had my Truck(s) insurance quoted from Gieco and they were half of what I am currently paying @ State Farm. Has anyone else seen had them quote and has anyone switched to them? Also, has anyone had any issues with Gieco? Thanks

Last edited by 29KILROY; 08-29-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 24 Likes on 5 Posts

Was involved in an accident in NYC on 2/22, and am still waiting on the gecko's check!!! 6 months, and the excuses pile up weekly from them!! Geico is my insurer, accident was other drivers fault, even though NYC is no fault zone, he was cited for failure to yeild. My truck was repaired, with almost $1800 in "uncovered" expenses, paid for by me. Geico is supposed to be getting my $1000 deductable from the other party, however, they are in NO hurry!! I can understand that subregation takes a while but...
Old 08-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I went over my boat insurance with my State Farm agent this spring. Found out on performance boats SF uses a "stated value" policy. This means that if there is a major loss there is no haggling over the value of the boat. I lower my stated value from 125,000 to 95,000. My premium is now $665 per year. Very fair and great service.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I kicked State Farm to the curb and went w/ Hartford through Elton Porter. Between my 3 autos and lake house they saved me 1k a year for the same coverage.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 82 Posts

Nothing but good things to say about SF. My Challenger was smacked by a waverunner back in 06. Luckily it was just cosmetic and all below the waterline. They were top notch and cut me a check for the expenses within a week after the initial appraisal. They also sent out a local inspector to verify the damage. I cannot speak highly for Progressive the other insurance company. They tried to get out of paying even though the young boy on the PWC was drunk and admitted to it on the accident report.

Remember..... Most times you get what you pay for........
Old 08-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dumped state Farm from the cars when they decided to dump doing Florida Homeowners.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I love Amica.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I use Geico for all of my land vehicles and my house. I am very happy with what I pay, but I never had to make a claim (Thank God). My boat insurance is through a local broker, and I think the insurance company is Progressive. I'm really bad with this stuff. My wife takes care of all that stuff, but she's sleeping. Sorry. You would think with the Miss Geico boat being one of the fastest boats around that they would be a great company to insure your boat. Oh well
Old 08-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I had everything under state farm. Switched all but the boat to Liberty Mutual when they wouldn't cover the cottage I was buying until I put a roof on it and painted the trim. I wasn't real interested in putting $$$ into property I didn't own yet. Switching cut my dually rate in half. BUT the boat insurance is cheap and great coverage. $140K for $850 (including 10K for trailer)
Old 08-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Registered

I am in the Auto Body business and argue with insurance companies everyday. If you want your car repaired with aftermarket imported junk parts and used parts go with Gieco,Allstate,Progressive,and Nationwide. If you want your vehicle repaired with New genuine parts go with State Farm or USAA. I deal with this everyday and only have State Farm on everything I own. This is just a mention of the very large companies. There are many more companies out there. Jeff Wurl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.