Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Switching from State Farm to Gieco Insurance? >

Switching from State Farm to Gieco Insurance?

Notices

Switching from State Farm to Gieco Insurance?

Old 08-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I have SF, called Geico went through the whole process based on the fact the first phone call eluded to me saving money by switching and how much it COULD be.

After everything said and done, SF was cheaper by 20%.

Have had several claims through SF and there was never a question, they took care of everything.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:12 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
I have SF, called Geico went through the whole process based on the fact the first phone call eluded to me saving money by switching and how much it COULD be.

After everything said and done, SF was cheaper by 20%.

Have had several claims through SF and there was never a question, they took care of everything.
We are thinking about doing the same thing, and we are concerned that the same thing is going to happen, they give 1 quote over the phone, but then wehn you go sign all the paper work, it's a different $$ #
Dean
Old 08-31-2009, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had SF. I had them for 6 years. Every year it kept going up. We called and they always gave us a lame excuse. We neve had a claim until year 6. Then they dropped us... LOL

Never tried Geico. Each time we called there prices were the highest of them all.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all ot the info. guy's. For the price difference $760.00/yr I think I may need to try it.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:27 AM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

My brother-in-law also owns a body shop and has SF and swears by them and their service. I've had them for over 30 years, which may account for a deeply discounted price for loyalty (don't know), also they have my house and all my vehicles. When I did some online comparison shopping awhile back no one else could touch their price. Last claim was when we had an ice storm here at LOTO and had a carport that went down with some damage to a trailer. Settlement was quick and painless. I'll never go anywhere else!!!

Originally Posted by jwurl
I am in the Auto Body business and argue with insurance companies everyday. If you want your car repaired with aftermarket imported junk parts and used parts go with Gieco,Allstate,Progressive,and Nationwide. If you want your vehicle repaired with New genuine parts go with State Farm or USAA. I deal with this everyday and only have State Farm on everything I own. This is just a mention of the very large companies. There are many more companies out there. Jeff Wurl
Old 08-31-2009, 11:32 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

state farm has been great for us! We had some storm damage on our house and they did not cut any corners having even the last small bit of damage fixed. Our neighbors had allstate and they had even more visible damage than us, and allsate said their house was fine!!!!!!!

Also, if you keep all of your policies with state farm with for a long period of time, they give a pretty good discount.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've been with SF ever since I started driving and have never had an issue. I recently looked around just to make sure my rates were in line and noone could come close. The boat is very cheap too, plus like mentioned earlier you can do agreed value.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jwurl
I am in the Auto Body business and argue with insurance companies everyday. If you want your car repaired with aftermarket imported junk parts and used parts go with Gieco,Allstate,Progressive,and Nationwide. If you want your vehicle repaired with New genuine parts go with State Farm or USAA. I deal with this everyday and only have State Farm on everything I own. This is just a mention of the very large companies. There are many more companies out there. Jeff Wurl
we also are in the body business, and i can't agree with you more.