Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder? >

What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?

Notices

What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?

Old 11-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?

I have read and heard alot of buzz about these boats in KW. I would assume that a 37 would be comparable to a 39 Gun? With 700s and NXTs on each, what would be the differences.... pluses and minuses? Pricing? Ride? Quality? Speeds?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Masher,

Its a shame you missed us in Key West. The ride is, IMHO, better than anything else out there. If anything else is close in the 37-39 size range, it would be the 38 PowerPlay and the 38/39 TS/TG.

Why don't you just come down to the AT Factory in Pompano? I'll make sure Pat takes you out in the real deal, and you can see for yourself. Pat is an active member on OSO, and is more than accessible. He posts as ActiveThunder here on OSO.

Pricing is going to be better than a 39 Top Gun.
Ride, you are just going to have to see for yourself, but after you ride on the AT, you will say one thing: "That step really works."
Quality is dead nuts on for AT. You will have to really work hard to find issues with the latest boats out of the factory. They are spectacular.
The last 700SCi/NXT1 37AT ran 105mph as tested in PRA; with a full cabin liner with AC and other options. The latest one is lighter, and will be faster once the props get dialed in. This is with a FULL cabin liner, pump out head, and lots of bling; including a 6 pack bolster setup--five of them with electric dropouts. The latest boat aka "Color of Money" is being tested by PowerBoat Magazine next month.
Bling factor is currently slightly better on the new Top Guns. AT has not ventured into billet seat bases, handles, and swim platforms; yet. Its coming. There are several more 37s on order; and they are getting new and interesting items each time.
AT also offers a lifetime hull warranty for the original owner. Highly unlikely that you will need such, but its there if you need it.

"You can take a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?"
I'm inviting you to come and meet the bull.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-15-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by masher44
I have read and heard alot of buzz about these boats in KW. I would assume that a 37 would be comparable to a 39 Gun? With 700s and NXTs on each, what would be the differences.... pluses and minuses? Pricing? Ride? Quality? Speeds?
I don't think they make a single engine boat.....would not intrest you
Old 11-15-2007, 05:08 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes they do make a single engine 28 foot .
Old 11-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
I don't think they make a single engine boat.....would not intrest you
Ouch! I always asked him where the other engine was. Is he tired of the canoe? Is Masher only a half of a man???
Old 11-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Registered

Slim is not for sale. This is a boat for a good friend of mine who doesnt want to post. He saw the AT in KW and wanted to know more. He is looking at 39 Guns and 37 OL. I appreciate the info. I must say that for it to be comparable or better than a 39 Gun, it must be one heck of a boat. How much less $$ for a AT? just ballpark....

My little boat is still one badazz mofo.... even badder now
Old 11-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Slim is not for sale. This is a boat for a good friend of mine who doesnt want to post. He saw the AT in KW and wanted to know more. He is looking at 39 Guns and 37 OL. I appreciate the info. I must say that for it to be comparable or better than a 39 Gun, it must be one heck of a boat. How much less $$ for a AT? just ballpark....

Masher, answer your phone dillhole.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Masher, answer your phone dillhole.
in the truck charging.... call you in a few
Old 11-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Registered

Call Pat and go there and ck'em out you or he won't regret it, they are a little less money but it can be so much fun building one with Pat. He posts his cell # all the time on the A.T. threads. Bring some Miller Lite with ya long about 4;30
Old 11-15-2007, 07:15 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Sunday afternoon I took a stroll around the docks at the Raw Bar and Conch Harbour and was really surprised at the imperfections in some of the N.E. built boats. Saw flaws in Gelcoat and some with major stress crack in areas such as around hatches and running down and across the middle of the decks. Fabric fit on seats were of question.
Shocking for a 1/2 million to almost a million dollar boats.
Not all the boats but a surprising number had these problems.
At the same docks the Nortechs and Cigs seem to do much much better.
There were some At's at Key West that were as young as 1999 models and did not see any stress cracks on any. Upholstery was holding up quite well on these boats also and they were originals. You MUST go see for yourself.
You will be enlightened and convinced afterwards.

Last edited by chuckbeecher; 11-15-2007 at 07:20 PM.

Quick Reply: What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.