Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat Barns (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21610-boat-barns.html)

brakeless 04-04-2002 06:16 PM

Boat Barns

Hey out there, does anybody have a picture of their boat barn on the inside? I am putting a mezzanine above my 45' stall and looking for ideas to finish it off. I'll take some pictures of what I am doing tonight and post them later. :confused:

Hot Boat 04-04-2002 09:36 PM

Sorry but I don't have the barn built yet. will be looking to build it during the next few months. I am going to put up a 28' x 36' pole barn to store the boat and restore cars in . When it is completed I have a feeling I will spend more time in the barn than the house. Today I think I found my next project car. I an going to look at a 75 Porsche 914 tomorrow night. It will make a nice little SCCA car. And the price is right..... FREE :D

WES311SR1 04-04-2002 09:50 PM

JUST SOLD MY 74' 914 2.0, WITH WEB'S ,BIGGER BARS ,ADJ. KONI'S, FULL RACE SEATS /HARNESS'S ETC. ETC. WON PCA ZONE 3 AUTOCROSS CHAMP. 3 YEARS IN A ROW.

Budman 04-05-2002 01:39 PM

30X40

I'm in the final planning stages of a 30X40 pole barn to store the boat and the two convertibles, along with assorted tools and junk. Started out with 10' sidewalls and an 8' overhead door, since then I have decided to increase the height to 12' with a 10' overhead door - this way I don't have to worry about overhead clearance if I get something bigger! :D

I have been pricing it out at Lowe's, Home Depot, 84 Lumber, etc. Also had a couple of the local metal barn builders give quotes, but I think it will be cheaper to build my own. Besides, I have pretty much decided against using metal because the roofs sweat and cause it to rain inside! Actually, going with a shingle roof and vinyl/OSB siding is about the same cost, material-wise. A little bit more labor to put up, but a much nicer finished product.

BTW - 84 Lumber sells a pretty decent set of detailed plans for putting up a pole barn for about $5.

A good rule of thumb: "If you think it's big enough, BUILD IT BIGGER!" You would be amazed at how your junk expands to fill an empty space. And don't forget to run the electric, phone, water, cable :cool: before you pour the pad. After all, this is a man's last refuge!

I'll try to post some pic's when we break ground. Need to get this done before my "18-Year-Project" ;) arrives in July!

brakeless 04-09-2002 10:29 PM

Here it is...

1 Attachment(s)
I got some pics of the mezzanine and the boat. It rained yesterday and I had the boat outside in the crap. It helped get the winter dust off the boat. Can't wait for warm weather.

brakeless 04-09-2002 10:33 PM

Another Pic from above...

1 Attachment(s)
This is a view of the hole in the mezzanine where the chain fall will go to pull motors.