Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   2009 Shootout Top Gun (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/216123-2009-shootout-top-gun.html)

NewCenturyLucky 09-02-2009 12:43 PM

2009 Shootout Top Gun

David, Congratulations on your 196 mph “piston powered" Top Gun Win.

Thank you very much for your confidence in us at New Century Performance to help you throughout this project. All along, I knew, when we got through all the little glitches, we could put up a number.

Thanks to the entire Nauti-Marine crew, JT, Myrick, Clinton, Mike P., Mike F., Rodrick, & Robert Allen. Without any one of you, we would never make it.

Can’t wait to get a “sweet” tune up in the port engine like the starboard had this year and see what we can do next year.

For those questioning the start at Captain Ron’s vs. Shooters, at Shooters all the big numbers were put up with a running start. The monitoring of the start at Shooters was a judgement call by the start boat officials. Therefore no-body really knew how fast a start each boat was allowed. At Captain Ron’s the start was monitored by a radar gun to keep everyone at the 30 mph limit.

flight club 09-02-2009 01:23 PM

Congrats Lucky. Way To Stick It Out And Make It Happen

KiloKat 09-02-2009 03:31 PM

Thanks Lucky! Appreciate all of your assistance. Everything happens for a reason and I'm confident we'll learn something from this year's mechanical gremlins - just like in the past.
Look forward to seein you at LOTO this weekend.

gerritm 09-02-2009 03:58 PM

:worthless_without_p

I always wanted to do that. What type boat, engines, etc. Congrats on the win.

Glass girl 09-02-2009 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by gerritm (Post 2945164)
:worthless_without_p

I always wanted to do that. What type boat, engines, etc. Congrats on the win.

http://s454.photobucket.com/albums/q...Export0007.flv

G-Spot 09-02-2009 06:49 PM

I have watched this video a number of times. It is so impressive to see and to here to motor fire up is bad a$$!! Dave, did you have to let out of the throttle at all when the boat porpoised or did you all drive through it? The way the motors are set up can you let out of WOT and get back in it or not? Thanks for sharing the video's and knowledge.

ILMORdude 09-02-2009 07:58 PM

I could watch that all day long. Thanks for sharing and helluva job by everyone involved. :drink:

mmareno 09-02-2009 08:27 PM

Congrats.... You guys showed what True Team work means..

Boat looked Dynomite!!!!

ILMORdude 09-02-2009 10:12 PM

More vids!!!!! Cant hear that thing enough!!!

Maximus 09-03-2009 06:52 AM

Nice Job Lucky. It will make for a great show when they are at full strength. We sure do miss you guys on the circuit. Hopefully you guys will make KW and we can battle it out like years past.

Maybe next year we'll have the time to come out and run with you at the shootout. We've got a "set" of motors burnin' a hole in our pocket but no time to play with them.

Best

Marc

KiloKat 09-03-2009 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Maximus (Post 2945565)
We've got a "set" of motors burnin' a hole in our pocket but no time to play with them.

OH OH - Think we need to take Bernstein up on his offer Lucky! :evilb::drink:

NewCenturyLucky 09-03-2009 09:17 AM

No. We will be alright. As you know right now we are real conservative with the tune up. If we have to we can "wick" it up a bit!

Maximus 09-03-2009 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by KiloKat (Post 2945648)
OH OH - Think we need to take Bernstein up on his offer Lucky! :evilb::drink:

You see.... I was being sincere and cordial and you had to go there :grinser010:

NewCenturyLucky 09-03-2009 09:41 AM

Marc, I really do appreciate the positive comments and also hope to see you in Key West.

Thanks again,

Lucky

KiloKat 09-03-2009 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Maximus (Post 2945666)
You see.... I was being sincere and cordial and you had to go there :grinser010:

What makes you think I wasn't? :grinser010::drink:

NASCAT 09-03-2009 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by ILMORdude (Post 2945457)
More vids!!!!! Cant hear that thing enough!!!

Ask & you shall receive! Cut & pasted from another thread Kilo Kat started. Can you smell them? I was just at zMax Drags last week & I so can smell that beast! I love my Ilmors but lets face it those babies are both badazz & sexy at the same time!

http://www.coxgp.com/clients/newcentury.m4v

LubeJobs42 09-03-2009 11:27 AM

Great run David! I'm glad you and Johnny listened to my advise on how to run the coarse to get the top speed! :drink: Obviously kidding.

Unless you were there to run the coarse, you have no idea what it was like. There was a across wind that you hit about 1/2 down the coarse. It would literally lift the boat and carry you to the right towards the rocks. The only way you could make it down the course and trrough the pins was to aim at about 45 degrees toward the spectators so when you would hit the cross wind, it would move you to the center of the lane rather then the rocks.
What was amazing, David and JT only ran the course one time Sunday and got that number. I can't imagine what their final number would have been if they would have kept going!
Their run and speed was nothing short of incredible!!

flight club 09-03-2009 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 2945755)
Great run David! I'm glad you and Johnny listened to my advise on how to run the coarse to get the top speed! :drink: Obviously kidding.

Unless you were there to run the coarse, you have no idea what it was like. There was a across wind that you hit about 1/2 down the coarse. It would literally lift the boat and carry you to the right towards the rocks. The only way you could make it down the course and trrough the pins was to aim at about 45 degrees toward the spectators so when you would hit the cross wind, it would move you to the center of the lane rather then the rocks.
What was amazing, David and JT only ran the course one time Sunday and got that number. I can't imagine what their final number would have been if they would have kept going!
Their run and speed was nothing short of incredible!!

Gino, I almost ran into the same mountain. That crosswind was nasty. Hats off to Dave and JT

LubeJobs42 09-03-2009 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by flight club (Post 2945762)
Gino, I almost ran into the same mountain. That crosswind was nasty. Hats off to Dave and JT

Was the first run hairy or what?

flight club 09-03-2009 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 2945785)
Was the first run hairy or what?

I STILL CAN'T GET THE BROWN STRIPE OFF MY NEW SEAT. LOL

fantastixvoyage 09-03-2009 01:31 PM

Hey ron - maybe i missed a post but what was your top speed at the shootout? Did it come back to LSC or did it just keep headin' south to FL?!

flight club 09-03-2009 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage (Post 2945825)
Hey ron - maybe i missed a post but what was your top speed at the shootout? Did it come back to LSC or did it just keep headin' south to FL?!

we went 153. Boat is back home getting ready for lake cumberland next weekend

KiloKat 09-03-2009 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage (Post 2945825)

Ron's new 50' Skater is simply awesome!

flight club 09-03-2009 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by KiloKat (Post 2945872)
Ron's new 50' Skater is simply awesome!

THANKS DAVE

byrideroffshore 09-03-2009 08:51 PM

Congrats dave thats a big number....good job to you and your crew. wouldnt expect anything less...Fight club cool boat looks awesome...although JT looked like he let his hair grow out testing in Michigan....

SUPERCATBOATS 09-04-2009 09:44 AM

Well Done, Lucky !!!!!!!!!!!

Great job Lucky, Next year will not come fast enough. Even though it was one good run and wished there were more, it is still buzzin here at The Lake.

Congrats to the whole Team, I know all of you guys bust your A$$ES to get this done!

Alvin