Real Justice in the Legal System >

Real Justice in the Legal System

Notices

Real Justice in the Legal System

Old 04-04-2002, 08:40 AM
GRH

Default Real Justice in the Legal System

Our beautiful legal system at work!

A Charlotte, N.C. lawyer purchased a box of very rare and expensive cigars, then insured them against fire (among other things). Within the month, having smoked his entire stock-pile of these great cigars, and not yet having made even his first premium payment on the policy, the lawyer filed a claim against the insurance company. In his claim, the lawyer stated the cigars were lost "in a series of small fires."

The insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious reason: the man had consumed the cigars in the normal fashion.
The lawyer sued....and won!
In delivering the ruling, the judge agreed with the insurance company that the claim was frivolous, however, the judge stated thatthe lawyer held a policy from the company in which it had warranted that the cigars were insurable, and had guaranteed that it would indeed insure them against fire, without defining what is considered "unacceptable fire" and as obligated to pay the claim. Rather than endure a length and costly appeal process, the insurance company accepted the ruling and paid $15,000.00 to the lawyer for his incendiary bamboozle. NOW FOR THE GOOD PART.............

After the lawyer cashed the check, the insurance company had him arrested on 24 counts of ARSON!!!!! With HIS OWN INSURANCE CLAIM AND TESTIMONY FROM THE PREVIOUS CASE BEING USED AGAINST HIM, THE LAWYER WAS CONVICTED OF
INTENTIONALLY BURNING HIS INSURED PROPERTY AND SENTENCED HIM TO 24 MONTHS IN JAIL AND A $24,000.00 FINE.

This is a true story and was the 1st place winner in the recent criminal Lawyers Award Contest

Old 04-04-2002, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HA HA HA
Old 04-04-2002, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What goes around comes around.

Gotta hate knowitall lawyers!
Old 04-04-2002, 09:36 AM
Registered

That's AWESOME!
Old 04-04-2002, 09:39 AM
Registered

There is justice after all. At least in one case. Im sure the lawyer then sued the cigar manufacturer claiming they didnt have a warning sticker on the cigars indicating they were flammable or some other nonsense.
Old 04-04-2002, 10:51 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

America needs more of these cases. Damn lawyers anyway. Not that there aren't good lawyers, they are just overshadowed by the ones like this. Sort of an image problem like the one that responsible PWC owners face. Too many bad apples. At least I found a boat tie in so we are not too far off topic.
Old 04-04-2002, 03:25 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Red face

OK. Enough barrister bashing. Like certain mechanics, USED CAR SALESMEN, boat dealers, accountants, (I could go on forever), there will always be those that abuse the system and try to get something for nothing. The intellectually/ethically challenged lawyer in the lead story got his. Good. That said, when you need one, a good attorney is worth their weight in gold. In fact, the same rule applies to any other service provider. I will alight from my soapbox now and prepare for the onslaught thiat is sure to follw.
Old 04-04-2002, 03:34 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Red face

OK. Enough barrister bashing. Like certain mechanics, USED CAR SALESMEN, boat dealers, accountants, (I could go on forever), there will always be those that abuse the system and try to get something for nothing. The intellectually/ethically challenged lawyer in the lead story got his. Good. That said, when you need one, a good attorney is worth their weight in gold. In fact, the same rule applies to any other service provider. I will alight from my soapbox now and prepare for the onslaught thiat is sure to follw.
Old 04-04-2002, 03:35 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

What goes around, comes around
Old 04-04-2002, 05:44 PM
GRH

Originally posted by Phknlwyr
You Are Right Phknlwyr.... a "good" attorney is worth thier weigth in gold... probably because thier just as rare a commodity as gold is a precious metal....

Quick Reply: Real Justice in the Legal System

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.