Notices

What Do I Have To Do?

Old 04-04-2002, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What Do I Have To Do?

I really want this event to be a smash! (Western New York Fun Run For Toys For Tots). But, I am getting a little frustrated. I have produced local and national events, and the same problem keeps on. MONEY! Some people must think these events just happen for free. Oops, wrong!
First we need entries-that's you folks. In order to have prizes and be able to donate to a charity, we need sponsors!
So here's the deal, this is simple and cheap! We need your sign ups (entries), then sponsors.
This is not a large dollar opperation. A partron sponorship is a small donation of $50, which give a person or business recognition in the program.
For $100 you become a sponsor and will be on the web site and have your logo on the back of the shirts.
Now am I right or wrong, sounds cheap to me! And the entry fee is only $25 per person!
Go to a Poker Runs America and see what you pay!
We have a great course, great parties and more for a whole lot less!
Anybody have an idea?
Just trying to put on an event for event that everyone can enjoy for less money!
Old 04-04-2002, 08:05 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

Haven't got any ideas, but that sounds very reasonable to me.

Les
Old 04-04-2002, 08:08 PM
Registered

Thanks Les,

I thought it was or is!
Old 04-04-2002, 08:23 PM
Registered

Default For Details Go To-------

Western New York Fu Run

Guess I spoke too soon, just got a private e-mail from someone, $100 sponsor! We need more people like (The Lighthouse Restaurant in Canada!) (Hope I can us your name)
We will make that one of our stops!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just want to have a good time for all!
Old 04-04-2002, 08:28 PM
Registered

Default Hello Jeffery!

By the way, you folks never got back to me! You said you wanted to do something for this run.
I have OSO ont he web site, as I consider this to be an OSO Event!
Old 04-04-2002, 08:37 PM
Registered

Sunseeker. you are from NY (I think), any input? Boat Girl left town, but she is damn welcome any time (first class lady).
As for Puder, well we just don't know.
Shore, you are from her, and don't lie!
TSatisfactiom. Airpacker, you guys are real, and we will see you here.
Come a bring it on!
You just don't have any if you don't! See Below!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2002, 08:56 PM
Registered

Thanks for the thought Fred.
Just another (Old Person) have to be politically correct, so to speak.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Strike

I sent am email/pm to ask what kind of a challange it would be to get there from lake Erie. Have any idea?
Cordell
Old 04-04-2002, 10:32 PM
Registered

check your pm...

bump
Old 04-04-2002, 11:15 PM
Registered

Well, for all the Lake Erie people , I plan on running my boat from Sandusky to Buffalo for this run (approx 250 miles) because my 10 ft beam boat is not exactly legal to trailer. I am from the Buffalo area originally and I know the area and people well. Been In Ohio since 78. We will have a lot of fun. This area is one of the homes of the hydroplane evolution which eventually led to the offshore boats. I dont know what to expect and I have to rely on the weather but I am planning to go, even though the fuel costs are going to be serious. If anybody wants to run with me, or wants to meet me on the way, Id be happy for the company. I am going to donate some money in honor of my brother who was an avid hydro racer and who eventually lost his life as a result of wounds suffered in vietnam. I havent locked in yet because my boat is still in pieces but I will be running in the 60's and anybody who wants to run up with me I have plenty of places to stay. And I know plenty of places to park boats and I will have transportation available too. The East end of Lake Erie is one of the roughest pieces of water on earth in the fall but should be fine in spring. And if it isnt , I know every port on Lake Erie and everyone of them is fun. Im not affiliated with Strike at all, but I also am tired of the regular island runs and want to do something different. I ran a 19 ft. Wellcraft from Sandusky to Buffalo and backin the early 80's and had a ball. I am old but still crazy enough to want to do this. The Niagara River is something everone should experience and we will be very close to Niagara Falls for those who havent seen it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.