Round Ireland Offshore Powerboat Race 2010

Notices

Round Ireland Offshore Powerboat Race 2010

Old 09-04-2009, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Round Ireland Offshore Powerboat Race 2010

Too all Offshore Racers:

The Round Ireland Offshore Powerboat Race 2010 and the Powerboat Ireland Festival is set to take place in June 2010.

We formally extend an invite to all our American friends and Offshore Racers to come and join us for the 800 mile Offshore marathon which will test even the thoughest competitors.

This will be a week long festival of Powerboat Racing including inshore circuit racing, long distanve offshore racing, and jet Ski racing. We have over 100 entrants to date from all over Europe. We need to have some Americans on board.

Racing, Music, fun and Festival based in Galway, Ireland.

See our website and register for more information and regular updates. Huge prizes will attract the best the world has to offer.

get together and come for the fun, bring some boats, and see how we do it in Europe.

See: www.roundireland.org

See you all there.

Regards,

Justin Mc Inerney.
Round Ireland 2010.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kewl, I'll tell the relatives in Dublin to get my room ready
Old 09-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 209 Likes on 84 Posts

Ohhhhhhhh, now you've done it.

I will have to come over and reclaim my Bushmill's trophy.

I was the last one to win the Bushmill's race and they took the trophy back to the ol' sod when they retired it.

What are the exact dates we are talking about here??
Attached Thumbnails Round Ireland Offshore Powerboat Race 2010-banana0020-small-.jpg   Round Ireland Offshore Powerboat Race 2010-bushmills0050a.jpg   Round Ireland Offshore Powerboat Race 2010-bushmills0005-small-.jpg  

Old 09-07-2009, 05:24 AM
Registered

Default Bushmills Trophy

First, the exact dates are infact the 5th to the 12th of June 2010. Not a lot of time I know but anything is possible.

Can you tell me more about the Bushmills Trophy?

It would be interesting to try to re-introduce this again for Classic boats such as yours from back then. Do you still have the boat?

We just has the Cowes-Torquay-Cowes Race here recently which was 170 miles of hard labour and won by "Cinzano", one of the most famous offshore racers.

See http://www.britishpowerboatracingclub.co.uk/ for some more information.

The Irish Race and Powerboat festival is set to be a major event and is sure to be a great vacation as well.

Round up the troops, and let's get some serious competition over here for the big Europeam Boats.

If there is some serious interest we may be able to help with the organisation.

Look forward to having you over.

Regards,

Justin Mc Inerney.
Round Ireland 2010.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by macrib
First, the exact dates are infact the 5th to the 12th of June 2010. Not a lot of time I know but anything is possible.

Can you tell me more about the Bushmills Trophy?

It would be interesting to try to re-introduce this again for Classic boats such as yours from back then. Do you still have the boat?

We just has the Cowes-Torquay-Cowes Race here recently which was 170 miles of hard labour and won by "Cinzano", one of the most famous offshore racers.

See http://www.britishpowerboatracingclub.co.uk/ for some more information.

The Irish Race and Powerboat festival is set to be a major event and is sure to be a great vacation as well.

Round up the troops, and let's get some serious competition over here for the big Europeam Boats.

If there is some serious interest we may be able to help with the organisation.

Look forward to having you over.

Regards,

Justin Mc Inerney.
Round Ireland 2010.
Justin

I don't know if you are aware of HORBA over here.

It is the Historic Offshore Race Boat Association. Check it out and know that we will help you promote your event as much as we can over here in the states.

www.historicraceboats.com

We have been trying to get open ocean racing going again and this event is just perfect as far as we are concerned.

Bushmills, as you know is the oldest whisky in the world and is produced in the North of Ireland. Through their distributor over here, Brown Forman company, they sponsored the Newport Beach, Calif race in the 1970's.

The race was won by many famous people in the sport over the years, Doc Magoon, Larry Smith, (of Scarab fame) Snapper Norris, Hal Sahlman, Rocky Aoki, (of Benihana fame) Betty Cook, Joey Ippolito, and the last race was won by me, Charlie McCarthy.

No, I don't still have that boat, Top Banana, but I do have the boat that won the Bushmills races driven by Hal Sahlman one year and Rocky Aoki another year. It is going into the paint shop on October 1st and is in the process of being restored. That would be a great tie in for Bushmills. (Photo of the boat running as Benihana below.)

We would need some help with the logistics part of getting over there. Years ago, we did travel all over the world and I can remember that the lead time was crucial....ie: 12 weeks ahead to get our boats to Argentina for the races, etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you.....I'd like to get back to Ireland and visit some old family places as well, on a personal note.
Attached Thumbnails Round Ireland Offshore Powerboat Race 2010-ph-24history006.jpg   Round Ireland Offshore Powerboat Race 2010-restoration-350002-small-.jpg   Round Ireland Offshore Powerboat Race 2010-offshore-history0005a.jpg  

Old 09-07-2009, 06:33 AM
Registered

Default Ireland Awaits

Charlie,
I have had a look at Horba and this is really quite amazing and perhaps offers a great opportunity.

The Bushmills link is quite a good one and perhaps with some minor convincing we could get them on board again.

I will pass this link to our organising Team to get them to look into it.

It would really be something very special if we could have some of your HORBA members over here to compete in our classic class for the Round Ireland.

Marcus, the owner of Cinzano is a very nice guy but he needs some serious competition from boats with a similar pedigree.
We also had Fabio Buzzi racing last year in the Round Britain Offshore Race with 3 boats, one of whihc won with Greek crew in control.

You might P.M. your email to me so I can conatct you directly.

We are happy to facilitate any visits you wish to make to Bushmills whilst in Ireland and of course help to get you here.

I look forward to encoraging you to come visit. I note the McCarthy surname, one can only assume you have relatives in Cork then.

Regards,

Justin.
Team Pulsar Racing
www.pulsar-racing.com
Old 09-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Registered

Justin....PM sent ....and yes, Cork it is.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cinzano won the recent Cowes-Torquay-Cowes Marathon Race with our power!

Thanks for clearing that up Macrib!!

Last edited by ILMORdude; 09-08-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Registered

hi justin
im up here in tyrone
if you guys need any help in organising or need any help in any way we would be glad to help
cheers gerry
[email protected]
Old 09-08-2009, 03:19 AM
Registered

Default Cinzano

Ilmordude,
Cinzano did not win the Round Britain this year, she failed to get going at that point due to new engine set up issues.
The RB08 Race was won brilliantly by the Buzzi designed FPT Blue and skippered by Vassilis Pateras and navigated by Dag Pike.

Marcus Hendriks then acquired the boat and prepared her for racing in 2009. Cinzano took first place at the recent Cowes-Torquay-Cowes Marathon Race whihc took place 2 weeks ago.

Have a look at www.britishpowerboatracingclub.co.uk/, where it states Marcus is running 2 x Ilmor Engines rated 16.600cc.

Ger in Tyrone, much help will be needed closer to the day, but we would also like to see as many Irish entries as we can.

Com'on America.

Regards,

Justin.

Last edited by macrib; 09-08-2009 at 03:21 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.