Exclamation Powerboat Races in Clearwater Florida Info:

Clearwater Super Boat National Championships website:

http://www.clearwatersuperboat.com/

Coach

Old 09-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

It's so rewarding to see my brain child taking its first steps! The gratitude in my heart for Frank Chivas and Brian Aungst, Sr., taking the ball and running with it, and to see it all coming together...

From the initial conversations with Ebe Bower the former VP of Tourism at the Clearwater Regional Chamber of Commerce and Sheila Cole the Executive Director of the Clearwater Beach Chamber, in Sept. last year. To the willingness on Kevin Dunbar's part, the Parks Director for the City of Clearwater, to let me run with the 'maybe' I got from him, instead of the previous ‘NO’s!

Once we had beaten out the competition from several other cities, by sticking my neck out, to sign the letter of intent, for the national championships! Not knowing how or if we could get it all done and paid for! It's a huge undertaking of faith, for everyone involved.

The added benefit of Danny Gadarian's ambitions, to produce a television show focused on the Super Boat International race series. This was going on unknown to all of us in Clearwater! Now CBS Sports is filming and will broadcast the event Saturday, November 28th, at 2 PM Eastern!

It has a life of its own now...

Thank you everyone for making this come true,

Ray Pusillo
the 'Instigator'

Coach

"THe ENTIRE concept to race in Clearwater was Ray Pusillo's Idea ...period. Frank and team took it to their contacts and made it happen. I was at the initial meetings , Ray did not have the HP to get it done with OSS, he brought it to JC . Frank C added the political and capital punch,...it got done. Ray then worked to promote the event and assist where necessary.

Congrats on a successful event and thank you for the kind words"

Marc
Miss GEICO

Last edited by Coach; 10-09-2009 at 06:56 AM.