Like Tree0Likes

Skater boating, Labor Day wknd, Boca Grande, FL

Old 09-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: CURR: 230LX, PREV:2007 30 Skater, 2003 36 Skater,1998 37 OuterLimits, B-Class race 28 Magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity Tom View Post
How does that skater run in the harbor when it kicks up?
Im realy thinking of going to a skater with 300xs,s
Ill be out later in the day. just to do a loop around the harbor.
The 30 Skater hull is a 'wave crusher', it is perfectly balanced witht Twin O/B and runs very well is the chop of the harbor, and extremely well out in the Gulf.

I generally run with the biggest fastest V bottoms and occasinally with the 40 Skaters (when they run sub-light speeds) out in the Gulf at most FMO events. I handels like a much bigger boat.

My friend Jim had a 28, back when my 30 was first delivered. We went out in Charlotte Harbor when it was blowing in my 30, with waves breaking in every direction. He said he would have turned around if he was in the 28, and was amazed at how well it ran.

PM me or call me, mine is for sale, and I am looking to start my next boat project, it will be a

Last edited by AppSysCons; 09-27-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: CURR: 230LX, PREV:2007 30 Skater, 2003 36 Skater,1998 37 OuterLimits, B-Class race 28 Magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
Love that tunnel view, Frank. I would be cool to mount a camera there and see that view at speed...

Jay,

Some did that in a race cat, quite a few years ago. The video look pretty cool.

Depending upon the birth date, for my grandson, I hope to see you at the Oct FMO event.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Skater 30 (It's my brothers!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppSysCons View Post
The 30 Skater hull is a 'wave crusher', it is perfectly balanced witht Twin O/B and runs very well is the chop of the harbor, and extremely well out in the Gulf.

I generally run with the biggest fastest V bottoms and occasinally with the 40 Skaters (when the run sub-light speeds) out in the Gulf at most FMO events. I handels like a much bigger boat.

My friend Jim had a 28, back when my 30 was first delivered. We went out in Charlotte Harbor when it was blowing in my 30, with waves breaking in every direction. He said he would have turned around if he was in the 28, and was amazed at how well it ran.

PM me or call me, mine is for sale, and I am looking to start my next boat project, it will be a

Totally agree with you on the Skater 30 - my brother lets me run with him in his, same power, and the 300XS is simply a refined rocket.

We run in Lake Erie and the Niagara River, and participate in a few local poker runs with it. We usually run with the bigger boats, as the Skater handles the big water real well, especially for being only 30'.