Notices

Jacksonville Locals

Old 09-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jacksonville Locals

I'm considering moving to Jacksonville in the next month or so. I'm going to start out by renting somewhere. The where is what I need help with. Is JAX beach a good spot? where should I keep my boat ?? (at 28pq)

being single I want to be where some action is. How is the downtown area?
Old 09-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CHAOS REIGNS
I'm considering moving to Jacksonville in the next month or so. I'm going to start out by renting somewhere. The where is what I need help with. Is JAX beach a good spot? where should I keep my boat ?? (at 28pq)

being single I want to be where some action is. How is the downtown area?
Jax Beach is great. I keep a condo there to go out and chase women. For boating living on the or close to the river is way better. San Marco and Avondale are great areas in town. We'll get you hooked up. We have a big boat club here and we are always doing stuff. Aaron
Old 09-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

it's a tough call, the beach is definitly where the night life is, but there is not much going on boating wise over there on the intercoastal.... the river is where most do there boating...

i keep my boat at julington creek, and live in the julington creek/mandarin area, i like it alot over there......

Aaron- instead of playing on the computer, why dont you go work on that ticking time bomb you call a boat so you can up your running average from once every 16 months!
Old 09-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boomer35
it's a tough call, the beach is definitly where the night life is, but there is not much going on boating wise over there on the intercoastal.... the river is where most do there boating...

i keep my boat at julington creek, and live in the julington creek/mandarin area, i like it alot over there......

Aaron- instead of playing on the computer, why dont you go work on that ticking time bomb you call a boat so you can up your running average from once every 16 months!
Why would I want to ride in the back of the pack with you in the fountain when I can roll out in the Skater. See you this weekend buddy.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Registered

hehehe -- good comments!

I love boating - but am really looking for a good social scene. I plan on renting for a while until I get a feel for the area. I'm actually going to go down next week and scope out some locations.

Is there much going on downtown?
Old 09-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Registered

Jax Beach all the way, baby...As for the boating, these guys are right, the river is where most go. I live out at the beach and boat in the ocean. Not too much going on out there, but I cant stay away from the waves.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Registered

I just moved back from there. Lived there 6 years single and loved it. Don't Live downtown!!!! I lived in Neptune beach (Basically Jax Beach) Its hard to live where you get the best of both worlds. Its a long way from Julington Creek to the beach. I'd live at the beach and find some hooker you can crash with on the southside when Neccesary.

But unless your goin fishing or running to St Augustine there ain't no boatin at the beach.

Have fun
Old 09-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Registered

Im with Steve on this one guys. Julington Creek is the middle of the st johns you are just 15 to 20 minutes from downtown, Whiteys,Outback,or Clarks you cant go wrong.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:47 PM
Registered

all places i'll check out next week!!! I'm getting excited!
Old 09-04-2009, 07:16 AM
GB
Registered

From Jax...Left almost 30 yrs ago,but come down couple times a yr to visit family. Have to agree on the Julington Creek Mandarin area for boating the St Johns. You also have I95 to head south approx 30 min to St Augustine or an hour to Daytona. Also, another thing to consider is what part of town you'll be working. The traffic can add aleast 2 hours to the day.
Always thought Jax was in South Georgia!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.