Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Just Say A-A-A-H Update - Dr. Santiago's Zero Cavity News (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21640-just-say-h-update-dr-santiagos-zero-cavity-news.html)

Michelle May-Schmidt 04-05-2002 07:48 AM

Just Say A-A-A-H Update - Dr. Santiago's Zero Cavity News

1 Attachment(s)
JUST SAY A-A-A-H !!
Doc Santiago Announces Zero Cavity 2002 Child SMILE America (sm) Tour
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL - Offshore Powerboat Racer and Fan Favorite, Dr. Gerardo Santiago will be spending a little more time with the Kids this year, and we don't mean his own.

The pediatric dentist from Naples, known as the Hometown Hero for his efforts supporting Children's Charities, will take his 38' Cigarette aptly titled "Zero Cavity" on the road, or shall we say water, to donate Children's rides to a number of Race and Poker Run Events for the 2002 Season.

Scheduled Race Event stops include the Super Boat International Fort Myers Beach Offshore Grand Prix in May, Corpus Christi's East-West Powerboat Shoot-out!!, the OPBRA's Art Kriner Memorial Gran Prix in Fort Lauderdale over Labor Day Weekend in August and the Holiday Isle Championships in Islamorada - the Florida Keys in September. The Dynamic Dentist will not only give the children rides, but become an Official Paceboat for the Race Events as well.

Heading over to the Poker Run Circuit, the Doc will promote his Tour and sponsors at a number of Florida Powerboat Club and American Poker Run Association (APRA) Events as well. A special treat is in store for the children of the Greater Atlanta Make-A-Wish(r) Foundation as he continues to donate rides in his Raceboat. He will also appear as a Guest Celebrity at the Lanier Harbor Marina Poker Run the weekend of August 8th - 10th, to raise funds for a local Child Abuse Shelter in the area
Sponsors underwriting a portion of the costs of the 2002 Child SMILE America(r) Tour are PokerRun.com, Marine Machine, Doller Offshore Marine, Children's Dentistry Center of Naples, McManus Powerboats, the Hampton Inn & Suites of Islamorada, Florida, www.Offshoreonly.com, Over The Edge Motorsports Marketing and the Offshore Racing Review.

"I decided to dedicate a little more time to the Kids this year, so instead of Racing for a trophy, I am racing for a smile," said Santiago with a big grin.

For more information on the 2002 Child SMILE America (sm) Tour or to Sponsor Dr. Santiago's efforts contact: Over The Edge Motorsports Marketing t/f 954-796-9226. For Updates on the Child SMILE America (sm) Tour or Sponsorship visit www.overtheedgemotorsports.com
Then click on the Website Links to return to www.offshoreonly.com

CigDaze 04-05-2002 08:44 AM

Doc,
You never cease to amaze me. I think what you're doing is fantastic and the kids probably really appreciate it! :cool:

skatermike24 04-05-2002 08:48 AM

You go doc!:D

BODYSHOT1 04-05-2002 10:43 AM

Way to Go Doc!!..and as a parent...Thanks!! :D

Michelle May-Schmidt 04-06-2002 12:21 PM

:D
Doc Santiago is at the Poker Runs America event in Sarasota this weekend, but am certain that he appreciates your good wishes. Expect him to return on Monday and respond personally to you then.

Have a great weekend -

NASTY HABIT 04-06-2002 12:54 PM

What a role model.......thats an awsome contribution..

cuda 04-06-2002 06:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yep, the good Doctor was in Sarasota for the poker run. Here he is coming into John's Pass to pick up the card at Gator's this afternoon.

Rice Hauler 04-06-2002 08:25 PM

Zero Cavity

Gerry,
Sorry we did'nt see you over the Easter Fun Run.
No wonder you get all the great press in the ROBB REPORT.
Your a great representative of the sport and a terriffic individual I'm proud to be able to know you as a friend.

Rice Hauler

Zero Cavity 04-08-2002 01:29 PM

Thanks for all the compliments!!!!!!!
I am exited about my new project and I hope that OSO members can join me some day.