Like Tree1Likes

Little Ceasar's, Tom Gentry Eagle, Popeye's sound familiar?

Old 09-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2000 Powerplay 25'
Default Little Ceasar's, Tom Gentry Eagle, Popeye's sound familiar?

A friend of mine dropped off a half a dozen race tapes from the late 80's, early 90's. His friend who used to race and was a former engine builder was throwing them out (his wife was making him, since he's not in the business anymore). What??????? I've gotta get these transferred to DVD.

Anyway just watched the first one. 1989 ABPA off Atlantic City in October. Eight foot seas and 40 degree temps. Not exactly boating weather. Not a whole lot of boats finished the race. It was nasty, but cool to watch. I'll be watching another tape tomorrow. The girlfriend loves it...... not.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

put em on dvd and post em here tooo !
Old 09-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)

My Boats: 38 TopGun & 21 Apache Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'CE View Post
put em on dvd and post em here tooo !
Thumbs up to that............
Old 09-14-2009, 09:05 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerplay25 View Post
A friend of mine dropped off a half a dozen race tapes from the late 80's, early 90's. His friend who used to race and was a former engine builder was throwing them out (his wife was making him, since he's not in the business anymore). What??????? I've gotta get these transferred to DVD.

Anyway just watched the first one. 1989 ABPA off Atlantic City in October. Eight foot seas and 40 degree temps. Not exactly boating weather. Not a whole lot of boats finished the race. It was nasty, but cool to watch. I'll be watching another tape tomorrow. The girlfriend loves it...... not.
If they are trademarked "NNRT" or "Needlenose"...don't post them... they are copywrited.

T2x
Old 09-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Registered
Gold Member

I bet I have 30 VHS Tapes I bought from the 80's and early 90's from places like Jeff at Freeze Frame, recorded from TV, etc... I really need to get them converted to DVD before the tapes start to deteriorate. Some great races there for sure!

(And I will respect the copyrights on all of them Rich)
Old 09-14-2009, 10:24 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheMath View Post
I bet I have 30 VHS Tapes I bought from the 80's and early 90's from places like Jeff at Freeze Frame, recorded from TV, etc... I really need to get them converted to DVD before the tapes start to deteriorate. Some great races there for sure!

(And I will respect the copyrights on all of them Rich)
I don't mind snippets being posted (2-3 minutes) but some people try to upload the whole tape in pieces...and that is just wrong. One of the reasons we are so slow and deliberate with the NNRT library is the need some people have to "share" stuff that is not legally theirs. This is the equivalent of strangers walking into their houses and taking their TV set...but they don't get it.

T2x
Old 09-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2000 Powerplay 25'

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x View Post
If they are trademarked "NNRT" or "Needlenose"...don't post them... they are copywrited.

T2x
I wasn't planning to post anything. Just want to transfer them over to DVD.

David
Old 09-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Registered

My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x View Post
I don't mind snippets being posted (2-3 minutes) but some people try to upload the whole tape in pieces...and that is just wrong. One of the reasons we are so slow and deliberate with the NNRT library is the need some people have to "share" stuff that is not legally theirs. This is the equivalent of strangers walking into their houses and taking their TV set...but they don't get it.

T2x
are you selling the NNRT on dvd? I know there was talk of it on here. art