Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Key West to Havana, Cuba

Notices

Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Key West to Havana, Cuba

Old 09-28-2009, 08:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
The Auto Pilot has GOT to be a great feature, but it would drive me NUTS, I would have had to shut it off a few times and do some DRIVING I agree, the XM weather is the shiz(with a zee for all you bubba fans)
Ha, I hear you Rick. I get lots of opportunity to "drive it " during poker runs etc. There is so much going thru your mind getting a trip like this underway that once your on the water it is nice to finally start to relax a bit. There is still lots to do like watching guages and Flying Fish ! LOL
Old 09-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Ha, I hear you Rick. I get lots of opportunity to "drive it " during poker runs etc. There is so much going thru your mind getting a trip like this underway that once your on the water it is nice to finally start to relax a bit. There is still lots to do like watching guages and Flying Fish ! LOL
OH,

I get the relaxing part, I wished I could stop and have a drink and a smoke yesterday also

http://www.youtube.com/user/rchevell.../2/d5EdJvEP6SM
Old 09-28-2009, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

OH,

I get the relaxing part, I wished I could stop and have a drink and a smoke yesterday also

http://www.youtube.com/user/rchevell.../2/d5EdJvEP6SM
Nice. Looks like you have the Pantera running strong again, Rick. Time to bring it on over to the west coast for our season opening FMO run on Oct. 10th.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Nice. Looks like you have the Pantera running strong again, Rick. Time to bring it on over to the west coast for our season opening FMO run on Oct. 10th.

I spoke with Jay on Saturday about that, we have tickets to the Indy race at Homestead. But may make the Thanksgiving run.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spoke with Jay on Saturday about that, we have tickets to the Indy race at Homestead. But may make the Thanksgiving run.
Get hold of jim b and bring his
warlock.
Rick
Old 09-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob what was your average speed to and from, and what does it do opened up!!!! Do you only run it in salt water?
Old 09-29-2009, 05:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by tieboy
Bob what was your average speed to and from, and what does it do opened up!!!! Do you only run it in salt water?
We ran a very easy 55 to 60 MPH. We were in no rush and wanted to enjoy a couple of hours on the water. On the return trip the winds picked up and we ran mostly 50 ish in confused seas. Top speed is 76 MPH.
The boat saw fresh water on the Great Lakes in Canada and USA last summer. I did not take it north this summer as I had the new Donzi to rip around in. Worked out good.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob Im from Saginaw Michigan, just wondering were you went? Traverse city, Mackinaw Island? Sorry If you think Im being nosey you just sound like a very interesting person
Old 09-29-2009, 06:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by tieboy
Bob Im from Saginaw Michigan, just wondering were you went? Traverse city, Mackinaw Island? Sorry If you think Im being nosey you just sound like a very interesting person
In the mid 90's used to keep a boat in Port Huron stateside so I did not have to pay the heavy taxes importing into Canada. I've seen most of Lake Huron all the way up to Macinaw. I have many friends in MI and am overdue to do Boyne Thunder and also need to get some LEOPA runs in since joining this year. Since the 2001 NT I have registered my boats in CAN. My boating in recent years has been to Put in Bay, OH, Lake Ontario near Toronto ( 1 hr from home) , 1,000 Islands in the St Lawrence and mostly on Georgian Bay.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajarick
Get hold of jim b and bring his
warlock.
Rick
I would love to run with Jim in his Warlock, the Indy thing is a yearly event for us. Maybe Thanksgiving run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.