Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Key West to Havana, Cuba

Old 09-19-2009, 10:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Is Bob back yet?

Great photos and stories......
Still here. i had some time this morning waiting for my crew to wake up so posted pics. They must have partied hard last night (again) LOL We leave for Key West / Marco Island by late morning Sunday. Below is tomorrows weather and looks like wind and seas pick up. Will take us a bit longer but will be no problem.

Tonight...East winds near 15 knots. Seas beyond the reef 3 to 5 feet...except higher in the gulf stream. Seas inside the reef around 2 feet. Nearshore waters a moderate chop. Scattered showers and thunderstorms.

Sunday...Northeast to east winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas beyond the reef 2 to 4 feet...except higher in the gulf stream. Seas inside the reef 1 to 2 feet. Nearshore waters a light to moderate chop. Isolated showers and thunderstorms.

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 09-19-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jeff32
you shot only old cars, did'nt you? don't tell me they all drive these old tub?
Jeff. They keep these old cars running. There are also a lot of old Russian Lata I think they are called. The few newer cars that are around are often Hyundi (sp?) and would be owned by taxi's.
My rough guess is 30 % old American cars, 30 % Lata, 2% less than 5 years old and rest whatever. Also mopeds and small motorcycles with side car are popular. Thought i would see more bicycles but not much. Buses in the City.
There is no money here and wages are a pitance.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What A Great Trip Bob,,,Lots Of Memories There,,,,,Have A Safe Trip Back,, Look For You In KW At The Races,,,
Old 09-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome Big Daddy (Nortech BigDaddy not Skater! LOL) Livin' Large there and letting it all hang out .. nice!

Someday ... Chris
Old 09-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 1,323 Likes on 739 Posts

All I can say is COOL
Old 09-19-2009, 03:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Again, thanks everyone. I chatted with a local after lunch today and he says there are 2,000,000 people in Havana. 1,000,000 civilians and 1,000,000 police !! We have seen lots of police but no way 50 / 50. None have bothered us. Bit more on that when home.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Structures built by the Spanish to protect Old Havana from attack. Dating back to 16 and 1700's.

Pics 1 & 2 is the original fortress called El Morro. It was built in the 16th century with blocks of stone 10 ft thick cut from the coral reef. it took 40 years to complete. I cannot imagine.

Pic 3 is Castillo de San Carlos de la Cabana built from 1764 - 74 after the departure of British invaders.
Attached Thumbnails Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Key West to Havana, Cuba-ol-5.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Key West to Havana, Cuba-ol-4.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Key West to Havana, Cuba-ol-2.jpg  

Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Key West to Havana, Cuba-ol-1.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 09-24-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

More old structures
Attached Thumbnails Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Key West to Havana, Cuba-ol-6.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Key West to Havana, Cuba-ol-7.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Key West to Havana, Cuba-ol-8.jpg  

Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Key West to Havana, Cuba-ol-9.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Key West to Havana, Cuba-ol-10.jpg  
Old 09-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a good time had.Thanks for the pics, keep them comming..
Old 09-19-2009, 05:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Historic National Hotel pics. Guy being interviewed is from band Orischas here for the concert tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Key West to Havana, Cuba-nh-1.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Key West to Havana, Cuba-nh-2.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Key West to Havana, Cuba-nh-3.jpg  

Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Key West to Havana, Cuba-nh-4.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Key West to Havana, Cuba-nh-9.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.