How many of ya'll tow with Duallies? >

How many of ya'll tow with Duallies?

Notices

How many of ya'll tow with Duallies?

Old 04-06-2002, 06:47 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on my second dually and won't tow with anything less. If you order the towing mirrors, seeing around the rear flares is not a problem. If you have the regular mirrors, they suck and you need to buy the slide on extensions so you can see.
Old 04-06-2002, 07:19 AM
Registered

i have a 2001 chevy 3500hd x-cab with the 6.0 and the 4 speed auto it pulls great no problems pulling 10,500 lbs as far as the trailer the mirrors pull out and i can see the trailer tires on both sides
the fenders take some getting use to but it isn't bad
Old 04-06-2002, 09:06 AM
Registered

Default Duallie Purposes!!

Wow, the only thing better than the 95 F350, Powerstroke that EZTERMS and I use to tow,,,,, would be a brand new one PAID FOR!!

But seriously, we have 120 K on ours, due to travel, moving etc. and it still purrs like a kitten. When we towed the 25 it was like a speck on the back bumper(well almost) and now with the 35 it still is smooth.

Yes you should get out and check the tires, and sometimes you have to park away from the madding crowd, but that's okay, more excersize!!

I also have to say we have fired up that AC/Diesel more than once for an airconditioned nap/snooze, when things got warm!

When you look out on the road, all you see is the F350CCD pulling, anything substancial,,, hourse trailers, boats, other pickups!! AND AT THE RACES, well I rest my case!

MsEZ
Old 04-06-2002, 09:12 AM
Registered

Default Duallie Purposes!!

Wow, the only thing better than the 95 F350, Powerstroke that EZTERMS and I use to tow,,,,, would be a brand new one PAID FOR!!

But seriously, we have 120 K on ours, due to travel, moving etc. and it still purrs like a kitten. When we towed the 25 it was like a speck on the back bumper(well almost) and now with the 35 it still is smooth.

Yes you should get out and check the tires, and sometimes you have to park away from the madding crowd, but that's okay, more excersize!!

I also have to say we have fired up that AC/Diesel more than once for an airconditioned nap/snooze, when things got warm!

When you look out on the road, all you see is the F350CCD pulling, anything substancial,,, hourse trailers, boats, other pickups!! AND AT THE RACES, well I rest my case!

MsEZ
Old 04-06-2002, 12:18 PM
turbo2256

I just bought my first dualy this last summer. Bottom line is I never want another srw truck again. It drives like a sports car compaired to srw. Stability is great, cross winds effect it alot less its like the trailer isnt there. As for backing up and seeing the trailer its all in the mirrors and most factory ones dont do the job. My ladies call it the truck with hips

Last edited by turbo2256; 04-06-2002 at 12:26 PM.

Old 04-08-2002, 05:51 PM
Registered

BY THE WAY, WHAT IS THE CORRECT SPELLING OF DUALLY??
Old 04-08-2002, 06:41 PM
Registered

Formula1. I'm towing with a 98' K3500 CrewCab GMC T/Diesel. Without a doubt, the dual rear gives great stability. As for the width, actually its overall (I think) just about the same as the normal mirrors are out there. Not a problem at all other than for finding parking......I like to call it landing the thing. 67K on it now, never a issue, nor a regret buying it.

Now. My boat is just under 10' wide, so I really concentrate on the boat edges more than the wheels. (although I can see them fine with the mirrors angled in and down....and these are not extended either).

Bob
Old 04-08-2002, 06:43 PM
Registered

Formula 1

You said it. "Dually"
Old 04-08-2002, 08:45 PM
Registered

Thanks for your replies! But I also forgot to ask, how many of you have duallies that are 4 WHEEL DRIVE? I know 4WD comes in handy (on occasion), but I've never used 4WD towing my boat (in or out of the ramp)!! I used to use it all the time when I had to back UP my driveway and all six surge brakes kicked on!!

Steve
Old 04-08-2002, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just bought a 2002 F350 4x4 Crew Cab dually, I don't know why I waited so long, it is the ultimate truck, there will not be any raeson to get a new one, you will never need to move up because you got a bigger boat.

my $.02

Randy

Quick Reply: How many of ya'll tow with Duallies?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.